Omlet Deutschland Omlet France Omlet UK Omlet USA Omlet Netherlands

I am going insane...  

If you would like to meet other eglu owners and share stories, tips or get an answer to a question about your chickens then check out this forum. You're not alone!

I am going insane...

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 pm

I know you guys probably think all americans are crazy (lol) but I seriously am losing my mind over here!! I have changed my chick order three times in the last month and am about to change it again. First I had three LF and three banties, then became worried I wouldn't have enough space. Then I changed to all banties, then I changed the breeds around. Now I am back to wanting two LF and three banties. Here is my set-up:

Cube with extended run where they will stay most of the time. About 5x a week they will have access to a large netted area, about 10'x20'. There may be times when we are out of town where they will be in their cube and run even more often.

Will they have enough room? Also, how long before I go completely chicken-nuts and end up in an institution? I AM OBSESSED. :anxious:
egglicious
Chicken Eggspert

Re: I am going insane...

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm

We are all obcessed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the rule is give them as much room as possible, and make sure that you've got plenty for them to do. I used tree branches that went the width of the cube run to make use of the height and to give them different levels....

Mixing LF with bantees is always a lottery I'm afraid, I have both, but have a WIR and settled them over a few months..... I am ridiculously slow tho :oops: :oops:

I say if you're having one extention no more than 4 girls of a similar size....
Penny, Sweetie, Babette, Princess

partridge Orp Polly, Orpidotte Dottie, Orpidotte Layla, Cuckoo Marans Maisie & Daisy Skylines Lovely and Valentine
Pekins! Honey, Rosie & lavender
RIP Molly, Violet, Hazel, Margo & Harriet
MY BLOG

MY PICS

myasthenia gravis association http://www.mgauk.org

cute Lhasa called Cooper!
quickcluck
Effusive Egg Layer

Re: I am going insane...

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:41 pm

quickcluck wrote:We are all obcessed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the rule is give them as much room as possible, and make sure that you've got plenty for them to do. I used tree branches that went the width of the cube run to make use of the height and to give them different levels....

Mixing LF with bantees is always a lottery I'm afraid, I have both, but have a WIR and settled them over a few months..... I am ridiculously slow tho :oops: :oops:

I say if you're having one extention no more than 4 girls of a similar size....

Thanks for the reply!

I am going to have them all raised from chicks together so I don't think the size thing will be a problem (or at least I hope not!)...
egglicious
Chicken Eggspert

Return to Chickens