All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Dogmother

Can I fit them in??

I would recommend putting it on a slabbed base to make cleaning easier. Put Aubiose on that as a litter and top it all off with a clear, waterproof tarp to keep it dry.
  3. Today
  4. The Dogmother

Diarrhoea and paralysis, could it be Marek's?

Vaccines don't always take, or a bird could get missed. If she us bad, then it would be best to cull her.
  5. Eggselent

Can I fit them in??

Thankyou both! I’ll go and pace put the garden I think. Having thoughts of sitting on woodchip, possibly with the cube at the far end facing back so we have a clear view of the girls heading to bed! Is the Eglu run rat proof? Any tips on permanent siting and making the run chicken appealing and pretty?
  6. mullethunter

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS. INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Mamacoop he’ll be the treatman before you know it 🤣
  7. I agree with Beantree. What you want is a flat corner bracket. I can’t see any on the internet at any high street stores but you can get some on amazon
  8. mullethunter

Vaccine question

Think it totally depends on the breeder
  9. mullethunter

Can I fit them in??

If you can afford it I’d go for a second hand Cube mark 1 over a Go Up - more run space. I had 4 bantams in a garden that size who were in a 3m Go run while I was at work and then out in the garden when we were home. They were OK in here but they will completely get rid of all the grass within a few weeks.
  10. mullethunter

Dancing chickens

That’s one of my favourite songs too! It’s a kitchen dancing song for us - although the Charlie Daniels or Toy Dolls (The Devil Went Down To Scunthorpe) versions. Haven’t even thought of Primus since I went to a party as a teenager and someone was playing an album of theirs called The Brown Album.
  11. MamaCoop

Seems as if i need to up my game obsession wise... 🤣 Just come in from building a walk in run....be thinking about runs 24/7 since the ladies arrived and realised the Eglu run wasnt big enough. I managed to convince current husband to help and pay! He has given our three ladies a wide birth since they arrived but heard him talk to one earlier....he is slowing thawing!! 🐔🐔🐔😍
  12. The Dogmother

Yucky roosting bars

All our animal feeders and bowls go through the dishwasher - they come out good as new.
  13. Tangerine Daisy

Hi Mamacoop. Welcome to your new ‘drug of choice’, chicken keeping... my new girls haven’t been collected yet (2nd June) and I have already spent an imaginary, non existent fortune on dream runs and housing and chickens and equipment and....like I said, it’s addictive
  14. Blackrocksrock

Yucky roosting bars

When I sold mine I put the glug, grub and the roosting bars in the dishwasher, after an initial big scrub and then ran it at the hottest setting afterwards - they came out sparkling - I had a already tried everything else but nothing worked - wish I had known earlier and would have done it before. Miss my chooks but the garden is not so messy!!!!!
  15. patsylabrador

Gardening thread

We've replaced the fence at the end of the garden. OH and the boys did it on what turned out to be the rainiest day this year. I was planning to help but instead I decided to go 1950s style for the day and exercised my right to work hard in the warm, dry kitchen cooking food for my men. We've also got a vegetable patch going with a great raised bed and I've finally sorted out the greenhouse and have salad and seedlings in there instead of dusty, empty pots and rubbish. I expect that at some point I will take photos and post them on here.
  16. Alis girls

Yucky roosting bars

thanks plenty of that in cupboard
  17. Cat tails

Yucky roosting bars

Just ordinary vinegar would do the same as an anti limescale product.
  18. You could use an L shaped bracket and then screw a straight bracket on the diagonal
  19. Ursula123

Yucky roosting bars

Possibly as I do use anticalcaire in the kettle, I also remember reading a tip about bicarb and vinegar on the Yukky bits and letting it foam and leaving for about half an hour then rinse off.
  20. It has occurred to me that the design of the Omlet bracket may contain completely unnecessary elements and perhaps it could simply be a triangular piece of metal with 4 holes?
  21. Alis girls

Yucky roosting bars

Would kettle descaler do it I wonder. Am ordering barkeepers friend today
  22. Alis girls

Diarrhoea and paralysis, could it be Marek's?

I will go and look. Cant believe she is still alive. Surely if vaccinated they shouldn't get Mareks?
  23. Alis girls

Vaccine question

Thanks very useful.
  24. Ursula123

Yucky roosting bars

I soak my roosting bars in a wheelie bin with an anti calcium liquid (anti limescale) and they come up a dream. Not sure if you can buy this in the UK as coming from Devon we had soft water and no limescale problems so I never needed it but readily available here in France.
  25. I wouldn't want you to break your cube Neil, so I have to point out that the bottom bracket is doing nothing and the side bracket is holding the parts together with one self-tapping screw. The essential element is the missing diagonal, so you will need to try to copy the original part exactly, which is going to be quite complicated unfortunately. Have you any engineering companies nearby?
  26. Yesterday
  27. Well Soapdragon & The DogMother. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I took some measurements & photographs & went & sat in B&Q for half an hour & decided to buy £24 worth of joist braces until I found ones that would do the job? As you can see from the picture they aren’t a perfect it, but with some extra screws & a few new drill holes 🕳 in my cube, I created something that helps the front be secured at roughly 90 degrees to its base. As it’s not a super precision item, it’s worked! I’ll return what’s of no use tomorrow & pleased I’ve found an answer. So nice to have a sounding board here. Thanks ever-so Neil xxx
  28. Luvachicken

Dancing chickens

Thanks for that 😊😊 Not only one of my favourite songs but I just loved the little chickens too - made me chuckle - and sometimes you need that.
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?