All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. Thanks Alison, it's a persistent little *****!
  3. Can only suggest the usual: Remove food & water overnight which you are already doing Block up any holes as soon as they appear, some people suggest wire wool plus weldmesh / hardware cloth Remove other food sources outside the run wherever possible Remove / tidy up hiding places and especially near the run Raised hen houses help so they cannot make their home underneath & nip out for a snack whenever they feel like one 🤣 Borrow a terrier / mouser Basically you need to make it more trouble than it’s worth to the little perishers! ps not sure if the sonic repellers work or if they upset the chooks who have quite acute hearing
  4. Most of the photos used to be hosted on your personal Photobucket account (the forum wasn’t able to host pictures until it was upgraded). If you log onto Photobucket they should be there!
  5. Hi, have rat burrowing into my chicken run. I remove food and water every night, but the little perisher is still burrowing every couple of days. How can I stop this ( without traps or poison please
  6. Earlier
  7. A long, long, time ago 🤔 about 2007. I was a member here in good standing. I've posted pictures here and while I'm cruising down memory lane, I'd like to view them if possible. Especially the larger pic of what is my avatar for this group. Can anybody direct me and help a brother out 😘
  8. Found the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-measures-to-help-protect-poultry-industry-from-bird-flu
  9. Hello all, Hope all is well. Now that DEFRA have made registration mandatory (from October '24) for anyone who keeps birds (chickens, budgies etc.) for any reason, does anyone know what form I am meant to be using? Is it just the voluntary one? Cheers, Andy
  10. Here I am popping up on 18/2024.. thank for all the well wishes, I miss you all 😍
  11. Looking for any extension for a walk in I have a 2x3 and looking to give the girls a bit more room leeds area
  12. Why do you think the gaps are too small? I'd be concerned they'd fall into the droppings tray and get stuck if you remove every other roosting bar We've used the roosting bars for 15+ years and never had an issue with them
  13. Give Omlet a ring, they may have spares for sale that aren't listed on the website
  14. I have found a second-hand Cube Mk1 on ebay, but the dropping trays are missing. Would someone who owns a Cube Mk1 be able to measure the trays and let me know the dimensions please? I'm sure there must be a suitable substitute that I can find. Thank you.
  15. I’ll do that; I had seen from other posts that this is a possibility. Thank you.
  16. It is possible she has been stung, so I'd say do nothing at the moment and see how she is tomorrow.
  17. Sorry, that should be ‘I have a chicken…’. She’s still here!
  18. Hi, hoping for advice. I had a chicken who is 10+ years old. Today the red skin on one side of her face is puffy, which means that her eye is half-closed. I don’t think the problem is the eye itself - no pus/discharge. Her eyesight is already poor, though, and with this she’s finding it hard to spot and distance things accurately. From the other side she looks completely normal, she’s moving normally and once she’d worked it out she tucked steadily into some grain that I gave her. Difficult to gauge how unwell she is, as at her age she spends a lot of time sitting around dozing anyway (though she can still run for treats); there’s no visible distress. I don’t want to put her through a lot of interference, as of all my chickens she’s the one who most dislikes being handled, but don’t know what’s best for her right now. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  19. Yeah i have considered that. I won’t be selling the coop on so not worried about resale value. thanks
  20. Yes, I realise that. Perhaps rather than cut up the existing arrangement and reduce the future sale value, you attempt to make a perch or perches of wood to fit in its place somehow? Is that possible? All our coops are home built from wood. Buying coops in that quantity, size and of the same quality would have cost a fortune.
  21. Thanks Beantree but just to clarify i am referring to the moulded plastic omlet eglu coop.
  22. Coops normally have perches. In our case they are all 8-10cm wide (6cm for bantams) and 20-30cm from the floor. So that's what you are aiming for.
  23. Hi folks, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me. Basically, I believe both the gaps between the roosting bars and the distance from the droppings tray are too small. I was thinking about using my multi tool to remove every other bar in order to create bigger gaps but before i do so was wondering if anyone has tried anything similar and what the outcome was. Thanks
  24. Eglu go in purple. Excellent condition. Comes with loads of accessories and large wooden run. collection only. £500 but open to sensible offers
  1. Load more activity