Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'photos'.
So I officially completed our WIR and Eglu set up which we started last November. I would love to see other people's WIR setups - I got a lot of ideas for this one from the old WIR photo thread, it was so lovely to see everyone's creative DIY adventures and how people had solved problems such as connecting the Eglu to a wooden run. We made it all from scratch with the help of my lovely FIL. It's about 17ft long and 4.5 ft wide. It cost us more than we initially thought - about £400 but worth every penny. It has a 1ft internal wire skirt as protection from digging foxes which is pegged down with plastic ground pegs so they don't rust. The gutter leads to a water butt with a gravity fed drip-line waterer for the back border of the garden which gets very dry. We also got a Hentronix door opener which we LOVE. The Aubiose bedding is amazing - it looks a bit messy at the moment as it has some old bark chippings mixed in which is what the hens were on previously. Future plans are to add some fairylights using the Hentronix battery and possibly a little shelf level that they can sit (and probably poop) on. The ladies love it. Unfortunately my original beautiful trio of ladies only got to enjoy it for a few months before the fox attack But Rita and Megatron seem to be enjoying it and they deserve the best after living the first 70 weeks of their life inside. Excuse the garden mess - the wheelbarrow and blue tarp are covering up the summer veg patch and we are having the patio re-laid. We've had kerb stones around the coop which makes it look really neat and keeps all of the decorative woodchip in place. Enjoy! Please share photos of your set-ups and WIR's for inspiration!