Lesley

The Good Life !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit late to this but i have been very busy :roll:

Cattle need passports because of the BSE crisis to ensure that nothing over 30 months entered the foodchain by accident so they had to be completely traceable etc 8)

This is why each breeding farm has its own herd number and each individual within the herd has its own individual number oh and they need to be tagged in both ears in case one falls out within 24 hours of birth :shock:

If you buy an animal from another farm you have to transfer ownership but the animal retains the tag of birth but if you breed from it their offspring will be tagged using your herd number instead I suppose it is like a large bovine family tree :lol:

The food industry has changed a little as the OTM scheme has now stopped and older animals are tested by the Government Chemists before enetering the food chain :wink:

Good luck Lesley DEFRA paperwork can be a bit daunting :lol:

Some of our weeds are horseradish - we'll have to dig some up soon.

We have new chicks!!!! - the broody bantam has hatched out 2 little Cream Legbar chicks!!! :D

My camera is playing up so can't post the photos at the moment :(

We have also ordered some Turkey Poults and the next batch of Dinners - we could really do with a nice blue Mark 3 Eglu :?:D I think they may have to have a garden shed :roll: They will be ready in a couple of weeks.

The cream legbars are both different - so probably one of each!

The man we ordered the turkeys from yesterday phoned this morning. He has a Burford Brown that has just hatched 5 chicks, he found her behind a shed. Hehas to go to Yorkshire and his brother can't be bothered with little chicks so asked if we wanted them. So............................................ now we have to buy a rabbit hutch and use the rabbit Eglu for the Burford and her chicks :roll: Thank goodness they aren't all laying yet :?:roll:

We really need a Mark3 :lol:

Oh, Lesley you have been busy :D I'll be looking forward to the photos when you're able to take some.

Turkeys hey..... so that'll be your Christmas dinner sorted out then :wink::D:D:D

I can quite see why you need the Mark 3- I've been getting impatient about it myself....... but your need is definitely greater than mine 8):D:D

..... asked if we wanted them. So............................................

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lesley you make me laugh - mother to all waifs and strays and you love 'em all! :D:D:D It's great!

If the local wildlife park closed down and they offered you a tapir, a camel and some monkeys would your response still be....

'So................................we couldn't fit this lot in eglus but we are penning off a couple of fields and they will all be here next week....now i just need new icons for my signature!'

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This section of 'The Good Life' has now been locked before it gets to long - please post in 'The Good Life continued...'

Many thanks!