FORENSICA

My cat used a human toilet..

Might be worth trying probiotic yoghurt in case the antibiotics have destroyed his gut flora too much and that may also cause digestion problems :?

The pro-kolin is a probiotic as well as Kaolin to slow down digestive transit. I haven't tried Avipro, which I think you're right and I should. Will order some now, as I'm prety sure the remains of last tub are out of date.

He has been wormed, twice, but may try to get a stool sample (s"Ooops, word censored!"e the carpet) just in case it's some crazy parasite.

No, we're all completely paranoid about leaving anything edible out since Cleo was hospitalised after eating a chunk of bone. I did wonder if he was picking something up from the garden, but he barely goes out there at the moment. Should have some new avipro tomorrow, so maybe I'll give that a try. I meant to get some for Cleo anyway as she's getting closer to delivery and I didn't want to repeat the post-birth runs we had last time.

I think a sample is a good idea as it could be something bizzare that wouldn't be touched by normal worming like a coccidia or a protozoan something or other :?

Oh no Aunty E! What an awful way to wake up! :? Absolutely no idea about kitty runs but offering loads of sympathy :vom::shock:

Oh no... Aunty E, I hope things get sorted soon, it must be really difficult to deal with...

Good luck, keep us posted...

Oh no Aunty E ... that sounds awful, I love cats but waking up covered in diarrhoea is "Ooops, word censored!"ody's idea of a good start to the day! :roll:

I was going to suggest a probiotic, wonder if all the different things he has had have upset his gut. Poor fella - it sounds as if you've tried all the obvious things. Two things occur to me - do you think he could have some sort of rare allergy to something that's contained in most petfoods? Have you tried just feeding meat for a bit?

Otherwise, I wonder if it's some sort of unusual infection - was it you or someone else who posted on here about their cat having had giardia? I know when one of mine had it many years ago, she was producing liquid poos which she just couldn't control. It may be worth getting a stool sample checked.

Huge sympathy - hang on, I'll put my rubber gloves on and get the Zoflora out, to give you a hand.

Oh I hope for you that it's not giardia.... My cats never had it, but my daughter, myself and OH had it years ago, and it's not nice... wouldn't wish it on anyone, two or four-legged...

I had wondered if it was giardia, given the watery poos and the incontince. I'm popping to the vets tomorrow to pick up the avipro, so I think I will take the sample in then, but I'll speak to them first, as I know giardia often doesn't show up on stool analysis, they may prefer just to treat them. I expect I'll have to treat the others too.

My next step foodwise was to go for a cooked fish and rice diet for nero, and timed feeding for the others. Probably won't be that much more expensive than the James Wellbeloved, and if it works, I'll be saving the GDP of a small country on carpet cleaner.