SarahJo

What do you think the Eglu for bunnies will be called?.

going back to the original thread - bunny eglu's- theres a short note and photo on page six of the new issue (june05) of grow your own magazine. its called eglu-pet by the way!( although I think some of our suggestions were better!) :D

I've just seen the write up about it in Grow Your Own too. It looks good, just like a normal Eglu, although I guess it might be a bit smaller. I love the colour though, orange! My favourite colour :D Now wouldn't one of those look good in the garden, next to the green eglu :lol::lol:

And daughter has just requested a replacement rabbit for her birthday next month (the last one got foxed last september, she escaped & during her short bid for freedom Mr Fox took advantage :twisted: ).

But I think the price is a bit steep to be honest, I know it comes with everything including bunny, but 330 (sorry, my computer's lost it's pound sign) is probably a bit too much for me :( for what is essentially a pet, especially when you can pick up a conventional set up hutch & run combo for less than 100. I do keep looking at it though, very stylish, definately a des res for bunnies.

Kate A (green eglu)

Sage PP

Onion GNR

I agree with that - a big improvement on the run design would be a hatch next to the eglu so you can reach in to clean out round the door if the groove is clogged with bark chippings etc. It also means you would have access to the near end of the run without having to practically crawl inside the run or shove in brooms etc - has anyone else noticed that the length of the run is longer than the average broom handle. And am I the only one who always managed to put my knee right on the freshest pile of poo? :evil:

I totally agree Jane. My Eglu door is often jammed because the girls chuck chipping in the grove. The only way to reach it it to poke a garden cane through the wire, or as you say risk chiken poo as you climb down the run. I can get in okay but backing out in another game. I want a broom with a 6 inch extention