i have 6 hens and now 2 indian runner ducks.....................

i love my hens but and very interested in the runners! after ther girls live out their normal life i was thinking of just getting a brood of runners (still very undecided)

anyway back to the "Q"!!

how would the cube fair at ground level or is it possible! :oops:

I've seen a pic of someone's on here recently, and they had put the Cube on the ground inside a walk-in run. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, I have to query why you would, though! It works so well being up on the wheels, and it's much, much easier to empty poo trays, clean etc.

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work as well as the Eglu on the ground, though, provided you didn't need the run attached.

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Remove the landing gear and the ladder. You could even adapt the run to suit fairly easily if you needed it.

Kev.

I'd keep it on it's wheels, remove the ladder (no good for ducks!) and replace with a home made ramp.

I've read somewhere that you shouldn't put a large house on the floor, it's asking for rodents to burrow underneath and nest!

Are your runners using the cube? I was thinking my son's three might prefer the cube if I adapted the ladder to a ramp instead of the eglu.