our run is complete :D

took note of the design of xScrunchee's, bought the wood and built it myself from scratch

day 1: cut the timber to length, build the panels and attach the mesh

day 2: errected the whole thing

day 3: added cross bracing for the roof and attached the roof panel... in very strong winds I might add... SWMBO was watching from the kitchen window and laughing :shock:

and here's the results of my labour...

coop1.jpg

coop2.jpg

coop3.jpg

What did you use to hang the grubs and glugs from?

it's 5mm threaded bar bent at 90 degrees at each end (about 2 inches)

drilled 5mm holes in the 2x1 wood at either end, about 3/4 the way through, and pushed the threaded bar into the holes

here's a close-up...

coop4.jpg

it's not the final design, I plan to make improvements at a later date because it's not perfect :D

Thank you! :D My grubs and glugs sit on the floor because DH can't think of a suitable way of hanging them. :roll:

I hope you wouldn't mind me borrowing your idea?

not at all :D

I think I will eventually drill holes in the back, through the hook part, and hang them on pins so they're more secure, but that's for another day...

That does look good, very neat. Presumably though they are not quite as easy to take off for cleaning and filling.

I bought the bar today. I'm hoping OH might have time this weekend to use it. if not, then next week. I hope this mild weather continues because it's excellent for getting outdoor jobs done.

Thought i'd add my run to this thread, hope that's OK

26.jpg

If you're interested in seeing a slideshow of the build, please take a look here.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/dannahaz/BuildingTheRun/?action=view&current=e7311b66.pbw

EDITED JUL08 as over the last four months we've added lots more to the inside

DSCF0065-2-1.jpg

DSCF0066-1-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

HI.

Thanks to everybody for their pictures of their coops. It was a big help when constructing mine. Couldn't resist posting piccis of my new coop. Special thanks to Carl, our friend who was the chief builder! Henrietta, Anita and Buttercup moved in last Saturday. All seem happy and content.

Girlsegg130308006-1.jpg

thegirlsarrive024-1.jpg

Henrietta (black). Anita (brown/red), Buttercup (brown and white). Dont know the breeds! :oops: