Thanks Chelsea. We may have to re-think the roof over summer though. It looks nice but is a bit leeky in places. I am going to see how it goes, I like the look of it. Its a sheet of typauline with that willow fencing stuff over the top.

I like the little 'shelf-like' areas that a couple of people have done. Very nice. Do they seem to like that better than perches or do they like the choice?

Beki, what breed is your blue/grey girl? She's lovely.

Well, we decided to build the bigger run sooner than expected, as we phoned the BHWT lady again and it seemed that we might be getting the ex-batts soon...

But after we'd put the run together the day before yesterday, we got a phone call from her last night explaining that the farmer was poorly and she'd be getting at least 100 less hens than expected, so it's going to be a good long while before we can rehome our girls now :cry:

Still.. our three think they're living in the lap of luxury at the moment, with their 144 square ft (12ft by 12ft) run :lol:

Can't wait to see their faces when they realise they've got to share it with more chooks in a few weeks/months :wink::lol:

Here's the new run - minus a roof at the moment.. and more aubiose needed too! :roll:

The coop's going to be raised by 1.5ft to give them more floor space, and we'll be putting more branches, logs and a corner shelf in for them.. but probably not for a week or two now.. i'm shattered! lol :lol:

100_4236.jpg

100_4238.jpg

There you go - a bit of an improvement on the first attempt lol :lol:

Hi I'm a new member here my husband and I have six hens, this is the home we have just finished for them.. excuse the brown fence panel behind we had to stand it there cos of the storms we had..its gone nowIMG_0597.jpg

we have Myrtle, Henrietta, Ginger Snap, Aries, Frosty and Snowy!

they were hatched on 3 January we got them at 3 weeks old, we designed our run ourselves, all your runs look fantastic.... our hen house is called HEN bury Hall!! nice to meet you all

Edited by Guest

Lovely colour daisy, unfortunately we live in a green belt area and all our gardens have to blend in thats why ours had to be green to match our fencing

we have added cd's and perches and dustbath and feeders to our run now that picture above was taken at just before completion.. I think the shavings look pretty but how long for..we tried that and within a day they were flying all over the place and being kicked into the garden...lol but yours looks great just the same... we have now discovered our girls prefer kicking around in soil, so we have taken our shavings out and just dig it over every few days, it's a lot easier for us now...lol well it is for me my OH digs it over I just watch them scuttle after the spade looking for worms

Wow :shock: . What amazing runs :shock: . Veritable chicken palaces :lol: . Puts my little run plus converter in its place :( .

But you do have your amazing roof ANH! you were the 1st person to come up with your unique design! :wink::lol:

Why thank you Chelsea :D . But sadly, no, someone mentioned corrugated plastic before me, I was just the one who wouldn't stop going on about it :oops::roll::lol: .

Hi TC,

The colour is called Seagrass. We bought it from a local Garden Centre but I'm sure you can source it elsewhere.

The house now measures approximately 15' long by 9' wide and 6'6" high, not including the Cube. All the timber was purchased from B & Q (1 1/2" x 2 1/2" planed £2.28 per length), the corrugated roof was also from B & Q, the wire was from a local DIY store at £35 per roll (3 x rolls!).

It was originally 9' x 9' but we have recently extended to accommodate 3 more ladies. Thanks for your comments.

If I can help further, just ask. Regards.

Daisie999