Bexiboo

Seen the new plastic roosting bars in the omlet shop yet?

I'm really excited about this as I don't have a pressure washer yet - just a scrubbing brush, rubber gloves, Ecover washing up liquid and good old elbow grease.

So, my order is in - YAY! But I have to wait till 1st July before it is delivered - ohhhh the waiting!!!

Jacquie x

Pru has stopped me ordering a set for my exiting Cube, I would have done if I could have got them in with the Cube delivery but I was too late.

Mind you the anti-chicken is home on Sunday, when she sees the new ones on Monday......

ordered my new bars tuesday and have just had them...... :D going to put them in now will let you know what the chooks think of them later :D

Please do, I would be interested to know what they are like. Did you order the funshade too?

After spending a day handling the new plastic bars yesterday at the NEC, I placed my order too!

They're really sturdy but light, shame they're in grey but I guess that goes with the grey panels in the eglu and cube. There appears to be no rush to give us cube owners the fun shade yet, just for the eglu.

How come we have to wait a month for cube bars?

I hate waiting :roll:

You don't, I just phoned up and they are being delivered next Friday, along with a purple summer shade and eglu roosting bars for my sister. So I'll let you all know what the shade is like when it arrives if you like. :)

I had a look at the new plastic roosting bars when I went to have a little chat at the Omlet stand at GWL yesterday. I think I'll wait till the four sets of wooden ones I own (I do have 2 eglus - I'm not completely obsessed :lol::roll: ) have become too cruddy to use but then I will definitely have some. :)

p.s. Lovely to meet lisaroo there and put a face to the name! :D

Susan, is it the front set of bars that you're having trouble with? They are 'handed' and have to go in the right way round - if they're not fitting well, then turn them round.

Its the larger one which is coggly and I did try and turn it round - there are little bars on it but I think it will bed in - its snug though and I will have another look at it - it was threatening to rain and I had the roof off so I did not hang about but cleaned it out and put in the new bars - looking forward to cleaning them though.