Mrs Frugal

Getting things going! Has your life changed?

Yes! Congrats Lesley - welcome to the Superhen club!

Jenny missed yesterday as well but she'd laid in the Eglu overnight. Don't think it's a double yolker this time but I'll see. I think they may be going off a bit because it's so dark and dingy this time of year - I wouldn't want to make the effort in winter, would you :wink: ??

Edited by Guest

Thank you both :lol:

I only noticed just as I was going to exit Forum this morning that I was on 96 posts. I shouldn't have been on it at all really and had to leave to go to work. This should have been my 'short' weds. but someone hasn't been in for a couple of days and I had to sort out her work, what a *****!

After work I was supposed to go to Magnet to order a kitchen unit and go to the farm shop on way home. Well - I did manage the farm shop as we needed some leeks for dinner tonight but the kitchen unit can wait :wink:

I did consider using the leeks from the garden but they are so small at the moment.

There are 12 topics with new replies since I looked this morning and can't decide whether to look at them or start dinner - no contest really!

Lesley

Lesley, my leeks could easily be mistaken for chives! They are that small :oops: !

You got up to the century in double quick time! When I looked yesterday you were still in the 80s!

I'm going to have to log off for the evening in a bit - grrrrr :roll: or there may be trouble ahead! Wish I could keep going because the postings keep on coming in and it's a job to keep up!

Isn't it just! I've been doing the BTO bird count for a few years now. My most exciting count was a kingfisher - I borrowed it really because it had got caught in the netting on my neighbours pond and for some reason, he thought I'd know what to do to revive it! It was actually "in" my garden for all of 3 seconds when it decided it was time to come out of the box, then it flew off into the sunset, never to be seen again!

Flipping eck you lot .. I can't be on all forums at once!!! :oops: . Anyway, I gained the higher status elsewhere this evening .. replying to Nicola or Nikki I think. :!: . Have been busy helping a neighbour with her roller blind, and getting a bargain "rock a tot" at halfords for my sister in law, due in May. :wink: . Only did the latter to show Gra' I can spend wisely .. since buying the chickens and EXTRAS! :lol::lol::lol: . No doubt he will ask where the bargain eglu is later :roll: .

Later ladies .... Sarah. (green eglu) Ginger and Pepper GNRPP

Thanks for the advice Kate - we haven't tried getting them out of the Eglu port but will have a go. I think it is instinctive - I tend to jump when they flap and am scared of hurting them. We are getting there - they crouch more often and then it is easier. Now they are opn the patio it is also easier than paddling in the mudbath. And you have to be in the right clothes as they always poo on you!.

Nicki :lol::lol:

(green eglu)

They do, don't they!

Persevere and you'll get there. We used to jump when they tried to get away as well but now they're content to stay in a cuddle for as long as we want without struggling. They are definitely easier to handle when they've gone into the eglu at night as they are a little more relaxed!

Good luck Nicki.