Ardene5

The Weather Thread

Hi

The thread I started " Is Winter coming early ?" was because of the the forecast of snow in the Highlands of Scotland, this week.

I see that we move on there is a mention of Christmas and perhaps we should include New Year and Burns Night but I think that these threads are all a bit early.

It would be nice if we had a few weeks of leaves falling, followed up with a safe bonfire night where no one is hurt and all our hens, dogs , cats etc are not scared of the fireworks.

Then a lovely build up to Christmas possible with a nice fall of snow.

Lets all have a nice Autumn and Winter and enjoy the Omlet site.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Hens

(purple eglu) + (cube purple) + a large covered run

Im going to get a christmas calendar (chocolate one) to count down to Nov 11th. :lol:

Planning how to decorate my cube. Christmas cancelled inside due to a lunatic kitten who would strip a tree in 5 no 2 mins. :D:D

That killed the subject. Just enjoy winding people up about Christmas. Back to winter coming early. Ive just got my lovely rainbow socks out and the underfloor heating is on mmmm.

Im going to get a christmas calendar (chocolate one) to count down to Nov 11th. :lol:

Planning how to decorate my cube. Christmas cancelled inside due to a lunatic kitten who would strip a tree in 5 no 2 mins. :D:D

Just be careful Plum, never mind the kittens.

My little next door neighbour found out that chickens also like sparkley things :lol: She came round to feed my girls some treats on Sunday afternoon but they werefar more interested in eating the sequins on her belt. Poor girl had to retreat. :roll:

Hope the mention of sequins wasn't too christmassy :wink:

Wont be able to put sparkly antlers on them then.

Christmas again - :silenced:

Last year I signed my Christmas cards with little drawings of the chooks in Santa hats! :oops:

I have caught myself wondering if they would wear them for real, if I made them, at least to give me time to take photos for Christmas cards this year. :oops::oops::oops:

Too late to stop the Christmas thread now! :lol:

Lovely picture Egluntine. It's sunny in Margate too!

Got home yesterday to find OH wearing a jumper and threatening to turn the heating on. Even Son commented that dad was wearing a jumper and was he not feeling well (it's a rare occurence OH putting a jumper on in the house!)

I awoke this morning to find the heating on!!!! And OH had thrown off the duvet because he was too hot!! :doh::wall:

Still lashing gales up in leeds :(

I dragged the quilt off the spare bed in the middle of the night as we still have the summer quilt on our bed :!:

Going to upgrade a few Tog for this evening, the cats did their best to keep my feet warm last night but even they weren't up to the job on their own :roll:

Sunny but very windy here too.

Took advantage of the sunshine to thoroughly scrub both eglus. Walking down the garden with a poo tray full of clean Aubiose left me looking like I'd been in a snowstorm! :shock:

Still I feel all smug and self-satisfied now. I love it when the eglus are sparkling, albeit very temporarily. :roll:

Sunny but very windy here too.

Took advantage of the sunshine to thoroughly scrub both eglus. Walking down the garden with a poo tray full of clean Aubiose left me looking like I'd been in a snowstorm! :shock:

Still I feel all smug and self-satisfied now. I love it when the eglus are sparkling, albeit very temporarily. :roll:

The sunshine has never made me feel like scrubbing out the eglus :shock: It makes me want a g&t :wink:

I love Autumn and Winter - I like snuggling up and wearing gloves and scarfs when I'm walking the dog. My daughter's birthday is this month - 16th October and she'll be 21 :shock: - she was born on the morning of the hurricane that Michael Fish did a good job of ignoring. I like windy weather, not to keen on the wet stuff.

Winter to me means YS birthday and Christmas (which I love).

I'm going to Devon later in the month for half term and *touch wood* we always have good weather - cold but not wet :D

Lucky you - the sun is so bright here it is showing up all the dusty surfaces and the dust bunnies under the sofa :roll:

LOL's, it's the same here and has been for most of the day. I could have got my washing out and dried but I've been at work :( What's the betting it rains tomorrow when I'm off!

I've been wearing gloves for a couple of weeks now and i currently have a hat and scarf on. I feel the cold terribly but it's the wind that's the worst. I put on my winter coat to go out today, even thoughit was sunny. Sitting on a mobility scooter instead of walking means i get twice as cold as everyone else :roll:

And the heatings been on for a week :oops: We have thermostatic radiator valves though so only a few radiators come on and they aren't on full. I much prefer a nice hot water bottle and a big cardigan.

Hi

If we are going to have an early Winter what is best on run floors?

Also do my hens need mini wellies for when they free range!

For those of you chatting about Christmas what do your hens get from Santa?

Best regards

Ian

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie dogs

9 Hens

(purple eglu) + (cube purple) + a large covered run