Cinnamon

Your perfume

I will go & have a sniffle of that tomorrow when I am shopping 8)

Isn't it funny how smell can be so evocative?

White Linen will always remind me of my late sister in law. I walked past someone wearing it the other day & it was like a punch in the stomach to my senses :)

Rive Gauche is my Mum & Opium my Grandmum.

I love smells & think I am probably quite sensitive to them. I can certainly smell something way before the rest of my family can - like smoke for example :roll:

The smell of cigarette smoke whether fresh or just on someones clothes seems so strong to me that it gives me a headache.

I change perfumes quite frequently and tend to have a few on the go at the same time so I can match my mood, the weather etc. I have Nina by Nina Ricci, also a couple of Anna Sui perfumes (forget their name) and Echo by Davidoff . I also have a FCUK body spray that smells of parma violets! :D

It is funny how a perfume can smell wonderful on one person and absolutely horrendous on another!

I have a terribly poor sense of smell, sometimes it goes totally, and as soon as I've put perfume on I can't smell it all, so it's wasted on me - but I always wear it, in the hope that I'll smell nice to other people.

Because I can't tell one from another sometimes, I stick to one scent and I'm amazed that "Ooops, word censored!"ody has mentioned it yet - Chanel No.5! Sometimes I get a whiff of it and it's lovely.

I love perfume! What a great topic.

At the moment I am mostly wearing DKNY Delicious. I also have the red one, I'm alternating with them at the moment.

My last craze, and I still have a full unopened bottle was Issymiake. I will no doubt return to that when I have run out of the DKNY ones.

Previous to the Issymiake was Aqua di Gio and before that J'adore, before that Anais Anais, and Sunflowers is one I return to often. I still have some of all of these, they don't seem to go off, I thought that they would.

Rive Gauche reminds me of lbefore I left home and getting ready to go out with my sisters when we would all use the same bottle.

I love White Linen, but have never owned a bottle, I will have a little spray when I see a bottle if I am not already wearing perfume.

There was one perfume I used to always wear and loved. It was my first "proper" perfume and I was given it as a present. It went out of production. I can't remember what it was called. It will come to me.

I bought a Paul Smith one for a friend last year, I must ask her which one it was because I want one for myself, it was lovely! I've got an Armani Code sample in my desk in work. I had a squirt tonight as I was going straight out from work.

At the moment I am mostly wearing DKNY Delicious. I also have the red one, I'm alternating with them at the moment.

It really is a gorgeous smell isn't it, the Delicious?

Its my favourite at the moment, & my girls both like it too :roll:

I also think that the bottle is just gorgeous 8)

I Must also mention 'Daisy' by Marc Jacobs as another lovley one,with a really pretty bottle :D

I wear Chanel no 19 and have done for about 20 years, I've only ever met one other person who wore it.

I also wear Joy sometimes

Lately I wear very little perfume as I've become allergic, firstly my neck started coming up in a rash and now my chest does too but I seem to be OK on wrists - I just don't want to push it!

I'm not really a "perfume" person, but many years ago found the only one that I liked and have worn since. It's "Tea Rose" by The Perfumers Workshop. It hasn't been in shops for years and now I can't seem to find it any more. The one online place that I bought it from last, no longer seems to stock it. :(

I have about half a bottle left, so I suppose I'll have to eke that out, unless anybody can tell me where to find some. :pray:

I can't stand overpowering perfumes (like Poison), or cheap ones (like Impulse) Yuk! :vom:

Does anyone else remember the solid Avon perfunes in a push up stick? They used to do one called Honesty, which smelled of honeysuckle, and another one with a green outer called moon-something..

Looking back, they were pretty ghastly, but I loved them when I was about 12.

Oh my goodness I forgot about those! I'm sure I had a red one, which was more of a twist up like a lippy. Can't remember the name, but I am sure it would have been a spicy type.

:( - most perfumes give me migraines :(

It took me years to find that I could wear Coco and now I have one more and can't remember what it's called :?:roll:

It's Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli :D - I remembered in the middle of the night!

The reason it has no label is becasuse it is in beautiful glass bottle, pale pink perfume but it had an orangey coloured insert and a hard plastic back which I thought was packaging - it wasn't :oops:

Chanel No.5 and No.19 both smell like cat pee on me :oops:

I am currently using Inspiration by Lacoste, which came in a gift pack with some body lotion in the sales after Christmas last year. I really like it but I haven't seen it anywhere this year.

Before that I had DKNY Delicious the green and red, much prefer the green though.

OH bought Nina by Nina Ricci for Christmas last year it is way too fruity for me, like wearing a bag of sweets :roll:

Before the DKNY fragrances I went through a few Elizabeth Arden ones, my favourites were Red Door revealed - no longer made - which is much nicer than Red Door and smells a bit like baby lotion and is nice and light, and Arden Beauty which I don't think is made anymore either.

I have some Hugo Boss Deep Red which is a 'going out' perfume too strong for everyday use.

I hated perfume for years because when I had just started secondary school someone was ill in assembly and they tried to diguise the smell with cheap perfume and ever after that most perfume made me feel ill but I got over this when my OH bought me some nice not so cheap perfumes.

I didn't start wearing perfume until the children were toddlers and YD would always cry when my MIL tried to hold her and we worked out that it was her perfume, she was not used to perfume on people because I didn't use it :shock: