Cinnamon

Your perfume

When I first started work my boss always made me feel as if I was still a little girl, although she didn't treat me like one. I couldn't work out why and kept it to myself for ages, thinking I was being silly. One day I spotted her perfume in her handbag - the same as my mum wore - no wonder! I can't enjoy anything musky as my grandmother wore heavy musk perfume and smoked 80 a day - the combination was not pleasant.

I rarely wear perfume myself after a pupil with severe asthma was in my first class as a student teacher - I was told that certain perfumes could trigger an attack and I didn't want to contribute to that! I got out of the habit and now rarely bother - although I am quite keen on Eau Dynamisante.

I am not 'allowed' (in the OED sense) to try on perfume if I am out shopping with my sons, they cannot stand to be in the perfume/cosmetics section of a shop for longer than it takes to dash straight through, holding their breath and making gagging noises. So elegant. :roll:

Diptyque l'Ombre dans l'Eau - it's rosy and spicy but with a fresh blackcurrant leaf streak through it. It's very similar to my previous favourite, Voleur de Rose by l'Artisan Parfumeur (which suddenly shot up in price so I stopped buying it :( ).

But right now I'm wearing Hermes Terre d'Orange - I'm not sure if it's meant for men or is unisex, but it's very different to the rose one!

Milly

Diptyque l'Ombre dans l'Eau - it's rosy and spicy but with a fresh blackcurrant leaf streak through it. It's very similar to my previous favourite, Voleur de Rose by l'Artisan Parfumeur (which suddenly shot up in price so I stopped buying it :( ).

But right now I'm wearing Hermes Terre d'Orange - I'm not sure if it's meant for men or is unisex, but it's very different to the rose one!

Milly

Oooh Milly these sound lovely!

Its funny how smells make you think of people...I was in the chemist the other day and saw 4711 cologne...i tried it and I was back inCatford suggling in bed with my Auntie Joan :lol::lol:

Anyone else a Charlie Girl??? I was in my teens. as ware all my friends I think. Now Chanel no5 and Opium for special occasions.

Just remembered my Madam Rocha period :oops::oops:

My absolute favourite is Violetta by Penhaligons, which smells a bit like parma violets. I also like Coco by Chanel, Beautiful by Estee Lauder, Flower by Kenzo, Tentations from Paloma Picasso and Jean Paul Gaultier.....

Anais Anais goes through a metamorphosis on me and I smell like cat pee.....

Hubby once bought me a bottle of Diesel perfume for Christmas and was seriously disappointed because he thought it would smell of diesel :shock::roll:

I LOVE Violetta but my absolute favourite is YSL Paris which is violet based but more complex. Omletina - I reckon you should try it if you like Violetta. I don't know anyone else who wears it but it's divine.

I was given a bottle of Chanel No.5 when i was about 15 and it's become a firm fave too. I also love Gucci Accenti which they no longer sell - but it's pretty strong so it's for the odd occasion.

And for everyday - I'm in agreement with steve - Ukadex is just heavenly - just a dab behind the ears :)

Hi, haven't read all the replies so don't know if it's been mentioned - I've worn Dior's 'Miss Dior' for over 32 years - I bought my first bottle on my first holiday abroad when I was 19!!! You can't aways find it on the Dior stands but I have been assured that they will never stop making it!!! I always make sure the family know when I'm down to my last couple of squirts as I have, luckily, only had to buy it myself once!!! If I wear anything else my daughter complains as I 'don't smell right' :lol:

I do also occasionally wear Coco Chanel - but only in the evenings - never in the day time!!!! and as we don't go out that often it is only occasionally :lol:

Hi

I love Clinique Happy for every day use and Coco Chanel for going out or special occasions.

Really cant stand Poison - its so heavy and overpowering. Its funny how you either love or hate a fragrance isnt it?

Perfume smells certainly bring back memories... my wonderful Mum died this year and she always wore Chanel No 5... I've kept a bottle of her perfume and if I close my eyes its like she's back in the room, wonderful... x

I walk the same route to school as a woman who wears a very strong perfume and you can always tell if she has walked down the road before you even if it was some time ago, it is not a scent that i would go out and buy :?

My children are always telling me that I smell nice which is quite sweet really :D

I bought my OH some Hugo Boss Energise for our anniversary and ED said to him 'oh you smell like Daddy again' he hasn't used it for a while because he got bored with it.

there's not much love for Poison here is there :shock: The wife of one of my husbands business partners wears it, it is a bit overpowering.

I have Happy To Be by Clinique, my fav is Simply (also by Clinique) but it's been discontinued :cry: so I only use it occasionally.

Oh, has it? :?

I love that too, & was trying to remeber what it was called earlier. I only have a teeny sample bottle left of it.

When it was launched I read in a magazine that it was the nearest smell to freshly washed skin, which sounds a bit odd, but it does have that lovely natural scent thing going on.