Here is a list of forum members who have spare Eglus that they can hire out if you are interested in trying the Eglu out, or need extra housing on a short term basis.

Please contact the forum member directly by pm.

Terms & prices may very from person to person, so this arrangement needs to be made between yourselves.

If you would like your Eglu for hire added to the list,please contact a moderator.

Canterbury,Kent - Lynn

Herne Bay,Kent - Redfrock

Reading, Berskshire - daj198

Derby, Derbyshire - Derby eglu

Hertfordshire - keyhole kate

Woking,Surrey - sandyhas3chucks

Cheshire - poachedegg

Shoeburyness,Essex - Figarogir1

Paighton /Totnes, Devon - thegenealogist

Situated between Nottingham and Derby - john&kimberley

Glasgow - Dylan

Leeds - Mostin Available between hatches.

Kent - NannyOgg Da1 postcode

Berkshire (Sunningdale) - Suzy Purple Eglu Classic, with or without 2m run.

Have added those who have indicated that they have Eglus for hire to the list. Please contact a moderator if you wish to be added to the list.

If anyone can help out those asking for Eglus to hire, please contact them by pm or email. Cheers. :D

I would love to get a couple of new girls, but I haven't got anything I can use to help with intros. I live in Welwyn Garden City, Herts and I just wondered if there was anyone not too far away who might have a spare house/eglu I could borrow or even hire from you for a few weeks?

I would be very grateful :D

If you can help Auntielizzie, please make contact via pm or email. :D

Hi all :D

Well, I think Hell must've frozen over, as my fabulous man has not only agreed to letting me FINALLY get a little gorup of pekins but has ALSO agreed to getting three new laying girls - hurrah!!

Only one problem... don't have enough coups! The pekins are in the eglu classic with its run, our existing layers are in the cube in the WIR. In an ideal world I'd get another classic but OH not keen, have looked on the eglu for hire thread but no-one close enough on list.... does anyone by any chance have a spare eglu/coup/hutch I could borrow for a few weeks till everyones been introduced? x

I have a spare eglu & run you would be welcome to use as long as you like BUT it is a mark 1 & therefore quite old. We are in central Scotland. Alli

Thank you both so much - Westie mum, if thats ok I'd love to borrow the green frog house and run :D Where abouts in Stoke are you (I'm up in Newcastle under lyme, just down from the hospital) xx

And thats where my hubby comes from! Whens good for you for us to pick it up hun? If you pm me your address we'll arrange things... again, thank you, thank you, thank you! x

I have a !goyellow! with 2m run spare at the moment if you or anyone else needs to borrow.

Based in Wirral, so your exisiting plans look better, but just in case you need any extra.

Duncan08, that's where I come from! Whereabouts on the wirral are you? My parents still live in Heswall, I grew up there but now live up in Stoke :D

Sorry to hijack this post, but I am in need of a house/run for intros too. Is there anyone in Hertfordshire with something I could borrow cos Im desperate to get some new girls too :mrgreen: I am in Welwyn Garden City. Is there anyone who can help out? Am happy to pay rent :)

Hi

We sadly lost one of our girls recently and we have decided to purchase a new girl. The good news is we have decided to get five more to increase our flock to 8. We have a cube so when they are settled space is no problem but need a temporary run while we go through the integration process. Was wondering if anyone had one we can borrow or hire. We don't pick the new girls up till 25th Jan and we are in Sussex.

Thanks in advance.

Clair.

I wondered if anyone in the Brighton/Sussex are has an eglu or similar for me to hire temporarily, due to adopting some chicks. Thanks

Hiya, I'm looking for any type of Eglu to borrow/hire for a week or so end of July. Only for 2 hens. We are in the W Mids, Birmingham/Dudley area. Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm a newbie trying to introduce 2 POL hens to two hooligan ex-batts. The new girls have their own house and run but I really need temporary netting to separate them for more space. (I already have one set).

Is there anyone near to the Surrey/West Sussex border (Horsham, Guildford etc) that might have some and be willing lend to me for a fee?

Many thanks,

Tira222

Hi all,

So it looks like I've go the go ahead for 2 new ex-battery girls due to be released on 17th November :dance: . Having asked for advise about settling in, apparently the ideal would be to have a separate coop and to split my WIR. I can do the later but the extra coop is a problem, so I was wondering if there is anyone in my area that would have one that I could borrow for no more than 6 weeks. :pray: It would be much appreciated. :D

If you don't have any luck why don't you try a chicken hotel and see if they can hire you one for a few weeks, I am sure if you google it there will be one in your area and would not be too expensive , alternatively look on an auction site for a suitable old rabbit hutch if it's only temporary. I am sure that would suffice, as long as it's dry and secure they will be happy enough and well done on the ex cage fighters :clap:

Hi all,

I've tried to send a couple of private messages, but they are in my outbox although they say sent :?

I am trying to find out how the hiring of eglus from people on the forum works if anybody can help i would be very grateful GNRPP(Bluebelle)

Looking forward to reading my replies :) many thanks

Messages remain in your outbox until the recipient opens them.

It's possible that some of the people who've posted on here previously are no longer regular visitors to the forum, but if it's someone who you know has been posting recently, then they'll probably pick up their messages next time they log on.

Hello I'm picking up some battery hens Friday has anyone got a spare eglu for a few weeks ??? I'm in swanley