The man who installed mine quite clearly stated that they had rectified the leaking problem and the newer ones do not leak. So somethings amiss there isn't it.

Touch wood mine hasn't leaked but if I was a year down the line like you and it started to I would be banging on some omlet doors demanding it be put right

The man who installed mine quite clearly stated that they had rectified the leaking problem and the newer ones do not leak. So somethings amiss there isn't it.

Touch wood mine hasn't leaked but if I was a year down the line like you and it started to I would be banging on some omlet doors demanding it be put right

I was told when I ordered that the newer cubes no longer leak and mine didn't/hasn't until a few weeks ago.

I will be speaking again with Gwen in the morning. My £700+ was not substandard; I don't expect the product to be!

Update

I have been offered (via telephone conversation with James) a refund of £595.00 (paid £695.00 in March 2008) less a further £30.00 if Omlet have to collect my Cube. I have not been offered a replacement Cube as Omlet can not guarantee that any replacement will not also leak leaving me dis-satisfied again. For the last two weeks I have been trying to rehome my seven chickens but with little success, also, I like having my chickens around the place so I don't really want to get rid of them. Its either, no cube, no chickens or wet cube, wet chickens.

I have also been asked to "stop posting about leaking cubes on this forum".

clash, I think that's a pretty shabby deal you've been offered there. If it was me, I wouldn't let it rest there.

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction and omlet should have enough confidence in their product to allow people to speak freely. :shameonu:

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction and omlet should have enough confidence in their product to allow people to speak freely. :shameonu:

I agree :clap:

I dont see what their issue is really, if its faulty refund the money or replace with non faulty....no big deal (for them) and quite simple really.

good customer service = happy customer = good business! :wink:

Update

I have also been asked to "stop posting about leaking cubes on this forum".

I beg your pardon?!? :shock::shock::shock:

I shall be contacting them Monday - Andy has been away again so we haven't had a chance to get the necessary photos, but I am stunned at what I have just read

Do you have a leaking one as well Claire?

I've started to save up for a cube to replace my shed at some point in the future but I'm not sure now if I should be doing :?

Hi Anne

I have one perfect one and one not so perfect one. My lilac one is first rate. My purple one has a gap between the roof and the back on the left hand side and the back panel can be raised up with my finger by a 1/2 of an inch or so on that side. My nest box gets damp. It's definitely not a channel issue. And it is put together exactly the same as the lilac one - we got them on the same day and Andy put them together - and given his job he is very handy at such things.

I do however love my cubes and would still order another one in a jiffy but I think there may be a bit of quality control inconsistency (runs and hides).

I think the problem is that none of us have ever had leaky cubes and Omlet seem to be adamant there isn't a problem but I think there might be in some instances. Mine are sat on the same side of the run and if anything the lilac one is the more exposed.

Thanks Claire.

Have you seen the thread by Binka. Her cube looks dreadful :?

I just hope no-one thinks I'm targetting the cube problem threads. It's just that for us it will take me a long time to save up for one and we have a perfectly lovely wooden coop that doesn't need replacing.