Now I'm a little nervous. Mine is being shipped to the USA, but not till late Spring. No exact date yet as they need 50 before loading a container. Guess I'll keep watching the thread and see what happens. A return would be nearly impossible for me and like everyone else, who wants a leaky cube. It does seem like a quality control issue since some seem to have problems and others don't. But it sure is a risk from my end. This is depressing. :( Hope there's some resolutions.

Update

For the last two weeks I have been trying to rehome my seven chickens but with little success, also, I like having my chickens around the place so I don't really want to get rid of them. Its either, no cube, no chickens or wet cube, wet chickens.

Hi Clash, I think you have every right to complain about your leaking cube and ask for a refund but I do believe (and don't shoot me) that you are slightly over-egging the pudding with saying you have to rehome your chickens, the money offered by Omlet would pay for a wooden coop and plenty of people keep chickens in wooden coops with no problems, sending the cube back does not mean an end to chicken keeping does it?

I think there is no comparrison with design in between the eglu & the cube. The eglu is sleek, no unsightly gaps, fits nice and snug. I know it was impossible to do a larger eglu style house for more hens but I personally feel the cube needs a design overhaul/re-do. Omlet have great ideas (and I wouldnt be without my eglu :) ) I just think the cube feels "rushed" in design.

I really feel for those of you that have had the problems.

I must admit we were looking at getting a cube, but have now changed our minds to 2 eglus in a walk in run. Our garden won't take any more than 6 girls, the eglu is cheaper and I can introduce and seperate any poorly chooks. All this talk about how bad the cube is (this and other threads) has put me off. I'll still get more chooks - it'll be 2 eglu's instead!

Update

For the last two weeks I have been trying to rehome my seven chickens but with little success, also, I like having my chickens around the place so I don't really want to get rid of them. Its either, no cube, no chickens or wet cube, wet chickens.

Hi Clash, I think you have every right to complain about your leaking cube and ask for a refund but I do believe (and don't shoot me) that you are slightly over-egging the pudding with saying you have to rehome your chickens, the money offered by Omlet would pay for a wooden coop and plenty of people keep chickens in wooden coops with no problems, sending the cube back does not mean an end to chicken keeping does it?

You're quite right, however, I don't want a wooden coop, If I had wanted a wooden coop I would of bought a wooden coop. I would like a cube which doesn't leak, surely for £695.00 plus extra covers, end panel covers, 1mtr extension, winter shade and before these items, an Eglu, 3 Chickens and all the trimmings (in June 2007). 2 t-shirts, 2x 25 mtr Netting, beginers and advanced chicken keeping courses, potential omlet customers veiwing my Eglu and Cube at my home, is it too much to ask for Omlet to get my leaking Cube problem sorted out.

God, I'm really thinking of sending my Cube back now while its still in the 30-day cooling off period. My cube is leaking, I've made adjustments today but even if it seems OK in the following weeks its very worrying to read posst where people says their cubes have distorted over a few months.

I'm talking with my OH now whether I should cancel my order. Seems like some just fine for about a year and then start leaking. My OH says we can fix anything...true, but why? People in the States are just now receiving them, so I don't know if there are any problems. I'm curious to see if there are, how they're going to resolve it. Getting several new eggport doors til one fits would take a a good year or so over here. I REALLY want the cube, but don't know if the risk is worth it.

we've fiddled with the bracket on the left side of our purple one and things seems to have improved. My girls choose to sleep in the purple one and lay in the lilac one, so the roof of the purple one is slid back and forth every day for the morning poo pick - I wonder if this has had any effect and is why we have had more problems with the purple one than the lilac one :think: . Anyway fingers crossed we have resolved our problem for now :pray: . Certainly the left side of the back panel is sitting more flush to the roof - not perfect, but better. I think ours are both coming up for a year old (we got them on the same day)

Clash - Iknow around the time you bought yours and had a new roof delivered, Omlet were changing the way in which the produce the Eglu's and cubes, is it possible your original Cube was pre this and the new roof was post this and the 2 don't wuite fit together?

I don't own an Eglu but I saw it at the Ashford Rare Breed Centre and reccomended it to my Mother as I thought it was a fantastic item. SHe since brought one and took it back to France she loves it.

I just think the Run is too small for 8-10 chicken in my opinion even with an extension!

I was going to buy a cube on its own for my chooks for convenience as I have a converted shed and like the cleanliness of the cube

Christian

AS you say you have spent over £1K +with omlet products and for a leaky product not fit for purpose...not sure what the time scale is and if it still exists but small claims court..i reckon u would win..use to be very easy to use this route :( for you..what a shame to see this...thought they would send u a brand new one and install it and put that one in the skip

let us know as i am getting mine in a couple of weeks :roll:

Tht is an absolute disgrace.

The offer of a refund of some of the cost is not good enough. It is faulty, the whole thing is of no use to you (run, extension, etc) and as it is not your fault they are obliged to pay for the carraige. I would write to them formally, detailing the situation, refering to past correspondence, and stating that you want a either a full refund, including delivery/return costs, or a replacement cube.

Unless they can prove that it is your fault, then they need to accept that they have sold products which are not fit for purpose, and recall them for replacements if necessary.

How disappointing: you ahve been a loyal customer to them, they should be prepared to deal with you fairly at the very least.