Old Speckled Hen

Moderation

Sorry, I've not been around today to join in this fun - I have a couple of days off work, and there always seems to be so much more to do at home than at work :oops::whistle:

Although it did seem like an Omlet gathering today when I presented the junior poultry keeping certificate course - so many form members turned up with their little 'uns.

I guess I'm the scary one that Sheila is referring to (after Lesley that is :wink: ) my skill with the chainsaw is legendary and I always keep a cattle prod primed and ready to go behind my office door (I work with all men). Those of you who have met me though will know that I'm a pushover, well... where babies, puppies and cake are concerned anyway.

Pay? Who mentioned being paid? :shock::? You mean this isn't voluntary???? :?:

I know what you mean DA, I've been 'modded' once quite early in my posting career, for use of an inappropriate word which I immediately agreed was wrong :oops:and trust me, you don't want to argue with a moderator! It's scary when you get an email from one!

Seriously, I think you all do a marvellous job and it's what makes this forum so exceptional. :clap: for all the mods, long may they continue.

We try to always let you know if something has been modded; it would be rude not to and if you're anything like me, you'd think you were going mad, wondering whether you'd typed that or not! :lol::lol:

Posts which need moderating are often drawn to our attention by other forum users, who are keen to keep the forum friendly and appropriate for all users

As one who can just about send an email :D , has no idea how to get an avatar :? (is that the right spelling - I know the instructions are posted but I dont understand them :? ) and have to wait till my boys come back from Uni to sort out the problems I take my hat off to you all :clap: you do a great job :clap:

sue

How to get an avatar:

If it is on your home PC

1. Find a picture you like

2. Go to http://www.photobucket.com and sign up (by pressing the Join Now button)

3. After you log in to your photobucket account you will have a screen that looks like this:

Picture2-4.png

4. Press the Choose files button

5. Locate the picture you want:

Picture3-1.png

And double click on the filename. (it will look different if you are using Windows, but the method is the same)

6. After the image is uploaded you will need to resize it.

7. Below the uploader thingy is your picture, click on the edit link

Picture4.png

8. After you press on the link a new page will open, it will look like this: (I used the ! in a triangle as my picture)

Picture5.png

9. Press the resize button

Picture6.png

10. Change the largest value to 80, then press apply.

11. At the bottom, press 'save as copy"

12. A new page will load up, near the bottom there is a box that looks like this:

Picture7.png

Copy the link that is has the title of Direct Link - Layout Pages

13. Exit photoshop and sign into Omlet Forum

14. Click on User Control Panel

Picture8.png

15. A new page will load and it will look like this:

Picture9.png

16. Click on Profile, then Edit Avatar

17. A new page will load, paste the link you copied into the 'link to offsite"

Below that is the avatar dimensions, make sure it is left blank.

Picture10.png

18. Press submit.

19. You now have a new avatar.

If you find a image you like on google, the process is the same, just right click the image on google and save it to your computer.

Thank you Fred and Kate It is very kind of you :D . As you may have guessed I am of an age where you learnt to type on a manual typewriter and electric typewriters were just coming into fashion. I think Jackiepoppies are I are about the same level in expertise in computer lessons (although she does have a avatar) :D

I have a couple of hours free this afternoon I will have a play around on the computer

thanks again

sue

I think Jackiepoppies are I are about the same level in expertise in computer lessons (although she does have a avatar) :D

I'm on holiday today :dance: so if you'd like me to send you the instructions I sent Jackiepoppies to get her avatar up and running, just say :wink: .

A quick Google came up with these images for EarthMother. A lot of them aren't quite suitable for a family forum (bit too much on show, if you get my drift :wink: ). Or you may just want a picture of your chickens/pets/etc?

2061965-Travel_Picture-EARTH_mother_EARTH.jpg

Gaia__The_Earth_Mother_by_laurengar.jpg

Earth%20Mother%2016%20X%2012.jpg