Falkor

Cube ordered - chooks moved in

Well I built Gordon this morning and now he is outside on his own in the dark :(

Apart from the lack of roof sliders and a slight blip on my part (pics will explain) it went together reasonably easily and although it took me 1.5 hrs (1/2 wasted due to mishap) I built him all on my own :D

And now I am going to bore u with the pics :D No new chooks I am afraid (yet :twisted: ) just pics of Gordon :D

Gordon finished

Picture015-1.jpg

Mishap :oops:

and those blooming run clips (spare from eglu) and the P Clips with the screws took AGES!

Picture008.jpg

So after I took the run bits off and then back on again the right way up it was plain sailing until I realised the roof sliders were missing.

Finished building Gordon about half eleven and went to B&Q to purchase a few bits then finished the raised beds

Picture033.jpg

Chopped a tree down

Picture032.jpg

Swore at the chooks as they dustbathed in the fresh and level raised beds :roll: so went back to B&Q and brought some netting

Picture025.jpg

and then earthed up some pots and added prezzie from little bro (palmer06) :D

Picture042.jpg

OH got home about three and found me fondling Gordon

Cube.jpg

I am pooped!

Forgot to add please excuse my hair in the last pic! I wanted to get outside to build (cube green) this morning so just pulled my fring back in a clip and left the rest au natural. Or as OH said "a blooming state!" :oops:

He he, he doesn`t know I have poted a pic of his bald HEEEEEEEEED on here! :twisted:

I AM VERY IMPRESSED! You found it hard enough to put the eglu together!

Weldone Little sis!

(and i hope the madness doesn`t run in the family)

I think you will find you were the hinderanve when it came to building the (green eglu) ! :wink:

Madness does run in the familiy.....u have met our mum haven`t you! :wink: ****runs and hides incase mum has learnt to use a computer*******

So Gordon (cube green) is standing in the garden, the girls are mooching about underneath but have yet to venture up the ladder.

Gordon (cube green) is also stratigically placed in line with the dining room table so FIL can see him when eating his Sunday roast and I hope this will get the WIR building underway :D

Now where shall I get my new girls from?

Gordon (cube green) is also stratigically placed in line with the dining room table so FIL can see him when eating his Sunday roast and I hope this will get the WIR building underway :D

Somehow I can't see you being so subtle, I reckon there will be a sheet on the washing line with 'Build the blooming run darn it!' painted on it :D

I went to see my grandad the other day and he has built the most amazing enormous pen (no roof) for his three girls and their Eglu, there are trees and bushes, a waterbutt, a compost bin, two gates and a separate grass section and a cool den made by penning a bush in with a fence panel so they can go right inside and keep dry. I was very :mrgreen:

Somehow I can't see you being so subtle, I reckon there will be a sheet on the washing line with 'Build the blooming run darn it!' painted on it :D

I went to see my grandad the other day and he has built the most amazing enormous pen (no roof) for his three girls and their Eglu, there are trees and bushes, a waterbutt, a compost bin, two gates and a separate grass section and a cool den made by penning a bush in with a fence panel so they can go right inside and keep dry. I was very :mrgreen:

Your grandad is quite something. So when is he joining the forum and showing all this off? :D

We are basically copying your WONDERFUL design :oops: (hope you don`t mind).

Slabs go down and then build wooden panels, add mesh, add joists, add roof :D

It already has three sides from the two fences and side of shed but I will still mesh all to make extra secure.

If you stand outside the run Gordon will stand on slabs butted up against the mesh and Human door will be to right side of him with chicken door built into it. FIL is not too sure about the cut out bit to slide the roof and I am not sure how nescessary it is as my roof isn`t working properly at the mo. What do you reckon? Could I just pull the cube back a bit when i want the roof/back off?

Tables and perches, shelf to be added later.

FIL has taken a spare grub home to work out what he can make to hang them on. I showed him pic of your ladder thingy, he was impressed, infact showed him pics of your run and he wanted to know "how much would the bloke that made that one charge?" :D

I extended the barked walk way/area yesterday so I don`t trample the grass when I at the back of the cube but will need to cut down another conifer. ANH....where's that saw!?

Maybe the new girls will be coming sooner than I thought :D