I must admit that even I, who has a MK3 promised to me as a late 40th birthday pressie,is beginning to wonder if I actually need or want a bigger Eglu at the moment.

Maybe I will use my credit to get a MK2 one in a better colour instead.......& a couple of new pairs of shoes!

However,I am really looking forward to seeing what new design features Omlet have come up with for the MK3 :P

Last I heard (I spoke to James a few months ago),he mentioned 2 nesting boxes,possible plugs to stop nesting box sleeping/brooding, & maybe up to 8 hens....................but this was a while ago so things may have changed.

Not sure how that compares to Clares veiwing of the prototype (do you think they need any volunteers to test run it? :wink: )

He also said that they were looking at Feb as a possible launch date.

And these snippets keep people interested!

I saw the prototype too, a year ago, but I don't remember being sworn to secrecy! :oops: I haven't said much anyway, fortunately!

color=indigo][/color]I emailed Barbara on the 29th January asking when the mark 3 is available as i can't keep up with the demand for our eggs at the moment. She replied, and i quote, "It's in production at the moment and should be ready for release in the

next month or two. If you keep an eye on our website, an announcement

will be placed as soon as it's ready for sale. Fingers crossed that it

should be only a matter of weeks now. I'm afraid I don't have a definite

date for you but it shouldn't be too much longer. The team are making

sure that everything works absolutely perfectly so that no modifications

are needed.

So, still quite vague and to be honest i can't wait any longer. A purple mark 2 for me then! :D