wiblick

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 2!

Er you could have just turned it 180 degrees in horizontal plane to have door opening inwards, kickboard at bottom and fence post still in way. Yes ok, you worked it out but you can always put a board across outside to stop the bedding getting out. :D

Trellis looks good it'll give them a bit of shade 8)

Yep - will probably put a kick board there once I get fed up with picking up bedding from outside of the door!

And yes, expect there'll be climbers (one is going mad already) on the trellis. Plants on the outside too by the time I've finished! The roof panels are now on - just need the roof itself now!

Cheers.

How high off the ground does a superglug have to be? I'm thinking of getting one because the glug that came with the Go has to be cleaned every day because the little dears stand and poo in it :( My friend is looking after them when I go away so I want to save her some work :D

BTW do Superglugs work :?:

I just got myself one of these 4ltr drinkers, the girls love it and it seems to go for at least two days between re-fills (I do have the older style Glug in use too).

4l_drinker.jpg

They can't perch on top of it, or easily flick Aubiose into it, so the water stays clean 8).

Andrew

I have mine with the feet fully extended and the whole thing sat on a concrete slab on top of the Aubiose. This raises it that bit further up and also means there's no Aubiose immediately underneath the drinker.

Andrew

Oh Lord - I'm just putting the cheque deposit for my WIR in the envelope and the whole thing will be here next week! If you'd have told me 18 months ago that I'd happily spend this much money on chickens - and think it's worth every penny - I'd have thought you were nuts. Chickens should come with a 'seriously addictive' warning!! :)

Oh Lord - I'm just putting the cheque deposit for my WIR in the envelope and the whole thing will be here next week! If you'd have told me 18 months ago that I'd happily spend this much money on chickens - and think it's worth every penny - I'd have thought you were nuts. Chickens should come with a 'seriously addictive' warning!! :)

I don't like to worry you, but it wont stop at the WIR :shh:. You'll keep finding all sorts of other things to buy for the run, not least, extra chickens!!

Andrew

Andrew I have just been out to buy one of the 4 litre drinkers you suggested-also some acv so now its in place I'll have to see if it's any better than the glug :pray:

If it isn't they'll just have to put up with dirty water :wall::whistle: Mind you, I suppose they drink from all sorts of unsavoury places if they are out free ranging :roll:

Thanks or that atsw. Was looking at one in Mole Valley Farmers (ooh aarghh) today and did wonder if that'd be better than a glub. Will see how I get on and may get one later too.

Chooks arrive tomorrow finally!! Yeee haaaah! :D

well now the chickens have worked out how to destroy the veg patch (even though its meant to be chicken proofed) its look like i will be giving up veg growing. Which leaves a patch of land that will be going spare, right next to our WIR..... I feel a WIR extension coming along, with partitions in it.........and an eglu...

well now the chickens have worked out how to destroy the veg patch (even though its meant to be chicken proofed) its look like i will be giving up veg growing. Which leaves a patch of land that will be going spare, right next to our WIR..... I feel a WIR extension coming along, with partitions in it.........and an eglu...

Steady... I feel some chicken maths coming on.... :lol::lol::lol:

Andrew - glad the drinker is okay. I've just ordered one today so it's reassuring to know I made a good choice. :D