brambles

I wish to make a complaint about my hen rights

We too have been doing singing at about 5.30, mostly because 2 intruders have set up home in a wooden ark on our patch. We don't like them and are showing our displeasure - we have been doing this for several days now and our humans are getting rather stressed about what the neighbours will think. Serves them right if you ask me!! Today we were too warm to bother with singing and stupid human came out anyway to make sure we were OK LOL :lol: .

Humans have also been very concerned about our welfare in the heat - quite rightly so I feel. So far this week we have had chilled baby sweetcorn, diced cucumber from the fridge, a trug of cold water to walk through to cool out feet, regular wetting of all our shades and occassional cool showers from the garden hose. I didn't care for the shower but Lucinda rather enjoyed it. The intruders have similar treatment which clearly they don't deserve so we made a terrible fuss when they were being pampered. Honestly, if they keep treating them so well they will never take the hint and go away :notalk: .

Later today I expect there will be supervised mingling so we can try to get our message over to the intruders. Have to be a bit sneaky about this as there is always a human right there to prevent any excessive violence. Yesterday they found our carefully excavated dust bath and sat in it!! ther nerve of those intruders :evil: - we had to drive them out.

Annabel GNR!egg! & Lucinda GNR!egg!

Intruders

Henrietta GNR!eggblue! & Penelope PP!eggbrown!

Donna here, I was disgusted to find that my female human had called me and one of my sisters a "Naughty Minx" on another thread, I don't know what one of those is but I don't think I am one.

Apparently the male human is cross because Rose has been getting in the veg beds and eating the plants and dustbathing. Well what does he expect! Only 2 weeks ago we had a lovely section of grass and a favourite dustbathing spot, but then these 2 strange men came around and started building a concrete base and a wall. The female keeps talking about a Walk in Run. I don't know what one of those is yet so I can't pass comment on whether I think this disruption is acceptable.

They also moved us to a temporary spot nearer the back door, so its hardly surprising that I've been venturing into the house, isn't that why they put the little window low on the ground? I have seen it move by the cat and him going in and out, but I can't move it yet.

As for Sarah-jane, she's bossy to us all and is a girly swot, she's being so well behaved. Rose and I decided not to give them an egg today in revenge for them getting cross, but SJ still laid an egg, I'm rapidly going off her you know.

I'm off now, as I am also about to have a grape with that white dressing on too, we've been having them every day for nearly a week now and they are fantastic.

Signing off for now

Donna

Right on ladies.

Oh singing is such a lovely thing to do. Today I got the freakish four legged creature next door shouted at even louder than when its owner gets the lawnmower out and it goes ballistic. I am practising my contralto booooak which seems to operate underneath human hearing frequency, but sets off all the dogs in the neighbourhood. It is my very special skill.

Keep up the good work.

I am practising my contralto booooak which seems to operate underneath human hearing frequency, but sets off all the dogs in the neighbourhood. It is my very special skill.

I think my girls may have perfected this from the amount of noise the neighbourhood dogs were all making yesterday!!

Love this thread!!!

Hi Bluebelle, it is Brandy here.

I just thought I would let you know that that bloke Stan came over to our place last night....he didn`t stay long though, the hoooman took him into the shed and he hasn`t come back out....i do hope he is OK!

Well......I haven`t seen my mum and dad or my brothers and sisters in seven days..........some hoomans put me in a box last wednesday and ever since then I have been living in a big purple egg. Maybe mum and dad have sent me away to camp?

I have a room mate but she is weird!!!!! She says her name is Saffy which is a silly name in my opinion but what is really stupid about her is that she keeps eating feathers?! Feathers off the floor but also my knicker feathers!!!!! Doesn`t she realise that as an Orp i NEED those and also that room service brings those tasty little cylinder shaped biscuits for us to eat.....a bit too much garlic last night mind if you ask me!

The hooman has also put a big tub of dirt in our garden.....what the hell is that for!!! I have tried eating it....not great.......I have had a dig about in it.....nothing in there.......Saffy keeps rolling about in it and making an odd purring noise as she goes....see! I told you she was a weirdo!!!!!

There are four other girls at this camp and they are much bigger than Saffy and I...they live in a massive green box on the otherside of the garden but are always hanging around our purple egg.....I tried to say hello but the big grey one just went for me!!!! The other three ignore Saffy and I completly....a bit rube I think! They are also really loud, really early in the morning....i like a lay-in myself.

I am not sure if I like this camp yet...Saffy is OK i spose, she keeps following me around and we cuddle up together at night as I think she misses her family too. The room service is great and I quite like our Purple egg room. The hooman says we will be doing mingling later with the big girls.....I wonder what kind of camp game that is?

I do miss my family.........say hi to them if you see them..........

xx

Hello Brandy

Dear me, what we ladies have to tolerate. I do hope that your feathers are not too bedraggled once Stan shows up.

We have created a wonderful art installation at our dwelling. We managed to escape through the inedible green spaghetti string and made it to the terraced area. Room service had kindly spent the weekend jet washing it, so it was lovely and clean. I call mine 'homage to stone henge' but I'm disappointed to say that Edna and Wiggy's artistic offerings looked more like the dirty protest at Strangeways prison. Never mind, I am truly gifted and no one understands genius the way I do. Room service's household servant was so impressed with it that he spent a good half hour jumping up and down and waving his arms pointing at our eglu. He was shouting about sending us away - I wonder if he's thinking about an artist's residency somewhere de rigeur like St Ives, I'd like a bit of surfing thrown in.

The cat is using our dust bowl. Today I'm going to plant a stealth poo in it, if I'm lucky the furred dimwit will get covered in it and then go and sleep on room service's white linen.

Bon Jour! Donna here, I think I am French today. Well at least that is what the female human has said when she caught me eating a Frog! Apparently Frogs legs are a delicacy in France, having sampled one myself I say Why restrict yourself to just the legs!

Its a bit of a cheek really, she deserts us for 3 days and 2 nights, leaving us with the older female with the lettuce. I liked her so I laid her 3 eggs in 2 days! The others only laid 1 egg each. Now she comes back and starts insulting my choice of snack :roll:

Got to go now, have found a lovely dustbathing spot under a bush but Sarah-Jane also wants it. Rose is, as usual, in the veg patch dustbathing in the peas. The human male will not be happy when he finds out :lol:

Lovely to hear everyone elses stories, us chooks must stick together. I also hear that Hugh Furnley-something or other is trying to get a law passed in Parliament on chicken rights, its about time a human joined us :D

Brandy here again....

Well Stan went and visited the big girls today over on the other side of the garden.....he emmitted pink fairy dust.....ppprrrreeeeettttyyyyyy!!!!!! The big girls didn`t seem very happy about his visit mind...they all went up into their big green box and hid. I have told Saffi to keep watch to see if Stan returns as I want some of the magic dust! Plus is keeps her out of my way for a while!

We did the free range mingling game last night....Saffi and I had a ball....all the big girls introduced themselves and we had a great game of Chase Tag!!! Gin and Fizz are a hoot! We were tearing around the garden for a good hour before the hoooman stepped in and stopped play...she said something about illegal moves on the babies and sent the big girls to the other side of the inedible green spagetthi. They are a bit big to be called babies but hey! Is that Hugh Fearnly-thingystall bloke going to get the rules changed so that I can play with the big girls proper?

Bluebelle....can you send the intructions over regarding the inedible green spaghetti please? I have been trying for the last half hour to get through to the big girls but can not work it....is there a pully? a flick of the wing? a password maybe?? The reason I ask is that the big girls keep coming over and telling me that they are eating peeees......now I have no idea what peees are but I WANT SOME!!!!!!

Also Bluebelle congratualtions on your artistic creation.....I have taken up feet painting with the stealth poos the hoomans call Korma.......the door to our big purple egg looks great! Yellow and purple really go!

The hooman is currently trying to rub off the korma from her skin as she wanted a "chooky cuddle" and I made sure that I ran through ALL the korma before she picked me up :twisted:

Bluebelle....can you send the intructions over regarding the inedible green spaghetti please? I have been trying for the last half hour to get through to the big girls but can not work it....is there a pully? a flick of the wing? a password maybe?? The reason I ask is that the big girls keep coming over and telling me that they are eating peeees......now I have no idea what peees are but I WANT SOME!!!!!!

Hi Brandy, we noticed that Bluebelle has obviously been busy this weekend so hasn't told you the trick to getting through the inedible spaghetti........we managed to get through by jumping through the first big row of holes...but then we are very diddy being as we are Partridge Pekins, we don't think that the big girls who live next door and in the big run would manage to get through though. The big girls say that they stick their beaks under the bottom of the spaghetti and wriggle til everything else follows........until their mum stocked up with tent pegs & stopped that game!!!!!

Our holiday run now has a very fetching orange net hanging and weighted down around the edge...one of the holiday aunties said something about building site netting, whatever that is. Our run is very bright now though!!

We think we may have found fairy dust at the bottom of the very thick layer of white stuff in our run, it's so thick we rub our tummies on it everytime we walk about!!!

We are using our holiday auntie's computter as Mum & Dad are away. We've just sent M&D a long PM so our wings are getting a bit weary, so we'd better get off to a serious beauty sleep now!! What adventure awaits us tomorrow?!

Love Dandelion & Burdock xx

Well ladies, it's been a lovely weekend. I have been teaching my roomies about the green spaghetti. I have explained about that Hairy Potter person the hoomans like. The scene in the book where he walks straight into the wall at platform sommat and 3/4 and appears on the magic platform is the way I told them to walk through the spaghetti. Wiggy has been stuck quite a few times now at trying to imaginate her way through. The small people have had to disentangle her. I have been continuing with my usual method of exit: the jumpjet harrier vertical takeoff and landing. Either that, or nipping round a small gap at the side next to those delicious rambling roses. I even made it into the delicatessen that the hoomans call the vegetable garden and helped by doing lots of digging.

Our accomodation is so shiny and beautiful. It was rather scary on SAturday when the mobile rain unit came. I did wonder if it was stan coming, as it was a big yellow box. But then it got all wet and scary and we went and did hiding together under the trees whilst the hoomans prepared our bedroom for more pooing. They are clever, you know, they know we like a good clean canvas for our art.

The furred idiot cats have done very well this weekend, their stealth poo under the kitchen unit reached its 2 week record. The hoomans have been searching for the source of it for ages; sniffing the floor, bleaching everything. It was only when they took the kickboards from under the units away that they found it. Now that's classy.

My hoomans have come back from holiday. I waited til they went away and stayed in my room for two whole weeks. The service maid had to don special yellow gloves to egg pick each day. I was only trying to taste her.

I am now having a little holiday myself in the special holiday cottage in the run. It's lovely and breezy.

Edna has gone bald.

Result.