Guest amy230800

**New Thread - Pet Memorials

If you've had a much loved pet die and would like to leave a little memorial in this topic, please feel free to do so here. Photographs, memories, anything you like but we'll leave sympathy messages out if you don't mind, so that the topic doesn't become too diluted and remains just a nice place to remember lost pets.

For Chicken Memorials see **here**

Memorials posted in the main section will be moved here in due course.....after 48 hours.

Edited by Guest

OK,I will start this off.

Here is Pip,my 3 year old fluffy tortoishell cat who we lost on the road outside my house this Wednesday.

She was a cat of great charcter & I miss her terribly as she was my company during the day. She was usually asleep in my knee while I wrote all my forum messages! She was a magnificant hunter,a great mother to the kittens she had last year & a real full-on fun loving full of beans puss.

Picture035.jpg

And when we had the chickens she simply could not believe her luck & gave them her very fullest attention!

Piphens.jpg

In November, Lucy the Hamster died of unknown causes. My son had her only 3 months and was devastated.

In February, Danny the Cat, age 12, caught an infection and had to be put down. We'd had him since he was a kitten - a massive, immensely stupid but immensely friendly ginger moggy. Sorely missed

In March Jack the Cat, age 16, died of kidney failure. He was a right pain in the backside really - we took him in 3 years ago when his owners divorced, and he expressed his displeasure at finding himself living with children and another cat by, ahem, relieving himself in the laundry baskets on a regular basis. As the person who does the laundry, i soon went off him. BUt he was a nice old thing really - he just shouldn't have been foisted on a family with kids that late in his life.

Lizzy the collie-x. 15 yrs or so, came to us as a 7 yo and had a succession of small babies (I had three) foisted onto her after she'd tried to establish some rank in a house of two cats - and failed. Old for years, finally it all got too much so 2 weeks ago we had her gently away. She's now on the kitchen windowsill in a big green box, waiting to be scattered on her morning constitutional patch of field.

She'd belonged to DH's grandparents until she came to us. Bit of a shock to her system but she never complained, and fetched thousands of sticks to be thrown.

I miss her still. We're looking for a couple of dogs to fill the void she's left.

:(

Friday 5 of May our pet fish Nemo (snail eating, black and orange) died after 2 days he had spent in isaolation since he looked poorly.

I am sad, he was the only fish that ever had been namee and was the favourate one of my son. He was 3 years old and will be missed for quite some time.

both are baby bunnies (marmite and honey) died this week of an infection :cry: they were only 14 weeks old and such lovely little rabbits. i really dont know what to do for the best? should i get some more rabbits or sell my eglu and be done with? i dont know if i could face any more rabbits dying my little girl was devestated but she would like a new rabbit???? please advise!

here is my little girl Kessie the cockatiels died yeserday in my hands. She been sick for only a couple of hours, and i dont really know what was wrong with her. Got back from the vets with med for fungal respitory disease 5 mins later from getting back she died.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e72/fleata1/110706a.jpg

Look not where I was, for I am not there,

My Spirit is free, I am everywhere.

In the air that you breathe, In the sounds that you hear,

Please dont cry for me now, my Spirit is near.

Ill watch for you from the other side,

Ill be the one flying, new friends by my side.

Smile at my memory, remember in you heart,

this isn't the end, its a brand new start.

Our beloved Hob has passed away after an accident during an operation on his teeth. He lasted 4 days after before he passed away on 18.04.06. We are gutted and devastated that something like this could happen and he has left the biggest of holes and the emptiest of gardens. May he rest in peace. 01 March 2001 - 18 April 2006.

Our little Pignea poo has sadly passed away. We'll miss his fat little face and chirping at us demanding food. And, of course, the copious amounts of poo. May he rest in peace. 18 August 2001 to 19 February 2005.

These are from our website but I thought they deserved to be mentioned and are missed everyday. I did have pictures but they came through on to the posting absolutely massive and filled most of a page so I left them off!

:cry: Oue much loved 11 year old black cat Belle had to be put to sleep today. She was hit by a car when escaping form fireworks on Friday night and suffered from a broken spine and nerve damage. She was an outside puss, hated the other cats and being inside, but loved to sit and watch the chickens - though she would never have touched them. We will miss you Belle............... :cry:

My sweet little GP Ginger had a stroke during the night and passed away this morning. Unfortunately I wasn't with her when she died as they are both away on their hols.

We were supposed to be going away ourselves but it has been cancelled at the last minute so I was going to pick my girls up this evening and bring them home to their piglu, but I'm too late for my Ginger!

:cry: A very sad Mum :cry:

(brown guinea) Ginger RIP

:(:(:(:(

RIP 'MRS BIRDIE'

Poor Mrs Birdie was an adorable little cockatiel, and the female half of a pair we had hoped would become a breeding pair. Well, they practised A LOT and were very noisy about it all, but after laying her first clutch of eggs, poor Mrs Birdie died this afternoon. Her hubby, Mr Birdie is currently sitting on the eggs all by himself, and we doubt they will hatch, and Mrs Birdie will be sadly missed by all the family.

Good afternoon one and all

My daughter's agouti guinea pig Piglet passed away on Thrusday he was three and a half and quite poorly. We still have his brother Tigger but he pines for him so much so does my daughter who is five. :(

We gave him a lovely burial in the garden and my daughter suggested that we plant a flower where Piglet was buried. We also put a solar light where we buried him so that when she looks out in the garden she can see where Piglet is.

Is there any suggestions as to stop little Tigger being lonely and my little girl being upset. Should I put a dwarf rabbit in with him or another guinea pig. The only problem I have with my existing guinea pig is that he has not been neutured.

Can anyone give me some advice.

Michele.

just found this topic and would like to add a few words about pets we have lost recently, firstly this week my darling cat Daisy was taken suddenly from us ,she was 13 and had just been diagnosed as having a hyperthyroid, so she had been on medication for a few weeks and still didn't seem her self, she went out in the early hours of wednesday morning and didn't come when called so i went looking for her and found her dead on the path , at first i thought she had been hit but there was no mark and no blood so i think she may have had a fit or a heart attack caused by the hyperthyroid. whatever killed her i am devastated and writing all this down some how helps.she was my dearest friend.

also this year we have lost our rat Dante who was lovely and very placid, last year we lost 4 of our mice with one old lady still remaining. sometimes i wonder if the heartache is worth it but the joy that our animals bring to us over their time with us outweighs it all. thanks for putting up with my ramblings i think it is cathartic!!

mimxx

I woke up wednesday morning to some strange noises, i looked in the cage and Patrick was just lying there, I knew something was wrong straight away before i even picked him up, as he was always the one that would jump up at the door, to be picked up! I picked him up and he was frezzing cold, he kept reaching like he had something stuck in his throat.... i looked and his nose and mouth was blue :( We managed to get an emergency appointment with the vet and they were not sure if had a bacterial infection or if he had a heart condiction that we never knew about, they said his heart was failing and he was finding it very difficult to breathe.. they did all they could but it all boiled down to, we either have him put to sleep or take him home and they said he wouldnt last 24hours. We made the decision for him to be put to sleep because it was painful enough seeing him in that state let alone taking him home and watching him suffer. I just cant get my head round it, it was such a blur, he was perfectly fine tuesday night and then wednesday he was like that :( We only had him 3 months, its silly i know but even thou it was only 3 months it really did upset me!

Now it has made me paranoid when it comes to Rodney, coz Patrick went from one extreme to the other it was mad! Has anyone else been through this? I honestly thought that the vet would be able to do something, but we had no choice :(

A mention for Myrrh, my oriental Havana, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer last week, and was put to sleep on Tuesday.

He was a clever boy, not child-lock could keep him out of the fridge, and no door handle could defeat him. He loved to sleep under my chin, and he knew when I was sad. Even after he went to live with my mum, he recognised my voice on the phone and my step at the door. Tiy and Nani (our siamese) gave him a wash and then we put him under the jasmine at the top of the garden.

Our 11-month old kitten Freddie died on the road last Thursday night (found Friday morning). So sad as he really changed our minds about cats: he was our baby! We were supposed to be away in Yorkshire for a week but came home early last night - we wanted to be home.

Got our 2 hens this afternoon - a welcome distraction. Thanks girls!

Don't know how to post a photo!

Two of my gerbils sid and Chip went missing in may 07 when i accidently left the cage door off. :( They are very much missed by me and by smokey.

I like to think they are still on the escape in a mission impossible type way :oops:

Lost Barry my guinie pig almost eight years ago, i know this is a chicken forum but I think he desereves a mention he caused his death by wriggling soo much that somebody (not me) dropped him on their way to putting him in his run

RIP Barry - we remember you eight years on.

Just found this topic this evening. A few hours ago we had our beloved cat Muffin put to sleep after a two month battle with mouth cancer. She has now been lovingly buried in our garden. It's such a wrench after 17 1/2 years. We've had our chooks for a week now and I'm hoping their funny ways will take my mind off this. Our eldest son is 5 1/2 and he's in bits about it. I hope that eases :cry:

Thanks for listening (reading).