ubereglu

What's everyone crafting today?

if I remember rightly emma, you cut a long thin piece for the centre, sort of roll it like a swiss roll, and then cut lots of petal shapes and then stitch them all together :D

snowy and egluntine did theirs (mine is still in a full piece :oops: ) so they would probably give you more detailed information.

I do know that felt doesnt fray, so you can cut it into shapes and not worry about it pulling apart :D

cathy

x

Yes that was pretty much it Cathy. Might be worth googling some images,or having a look on Folksy or Etsy to get an idea of shapes. It can be stitched quite roughly on the back, then stitch a small circle of felt on the back to cover the messy bits and stitch on a brooch pin. :D

Thanks for that - I might put my scissors to my felt soon then. :anxious: My felt is not felted properly, even though I did it twice, it is still a bit rough & ready. But I suppose made into a flower it will just look more hippyish (she hopes). I think I made too large a piece as a starter project - ahh well it was fun & a squidgy soapy mess in the bath. Hubby just rolled his eyes & thought I'd gone even more nuts when he heard me bashing it one. :lol:

There are a lot of nice fabric flowers in google images. 8)

Emma.x

Have you tried wetting it again and bashing it a bit more to roughen up the wool follicles? Or I think you can needle felt it - stab it with the needles to get it to mat a bit more. I remember Laurmurf doing something like this to hers as it hadn't felted as much as she'd liked. But once you've cut it the edges will be neater, you could always embellish it with some metallic thread embroidery as well 8)

I think it's called quilt as you go! I haven't done any more on it since my patchwork class ended, but it has just started up again so I am hoping to finish it.

The blocks were made to be 'on point', rather than square and the two outer corners have been quilted first. I just need to add wadding and backing to the centre strip. Not sure how to join them together yet though! :lol:

DSCF4201.jpg

I think it's called quilt as you go! I haven't done any more on it since my patchwork class ended, but it has just started up again so I am hoping to finish it.

The blocks were made to be 'on point', rather than square and the two outer corners have been quilted first. I just need to add wadding and backing to the centre strip. Not sure how to join them together yet though! :lol:

DSCF4201.jpg

Oh my word snowy, that is just amazing :clap: I would love a quilt like that. I think I will have to save really hard and get from from Folsky/Etsy as I am YEARS off of being able to do that :(

Ygerna that s where the patchwork class is paying off! I wouldn't have had the patience to start something like this, and would never have known where to start! This way we are doing it step by step and it has been surprisingly easy :D

It looks way too classy to be easy!! Fantastic I have only assembled plain squares and not got to the quilting yet!

This weekend I finished a project that's been on the go for the last eighteen months, a throw made of hexagons. It's for my daughter and she is very excited at it being finished. There should have been just under 300 hex but I decided to do another couple of rows of hexagons. So it's turned out bigger. Very nice.

So what should I crochet next? Do not suggest another throw. :wink: