quickcluck

It's soooooooo hard...............

Chucking away all my girls lovely eggies. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

They are all stacked up on the side in the kitchen as I can't bring myself to put them in the bin :shock::shock::shock: I just keep looking at them lovingly.....

because their is such a long withdrawal period should I change their food to slow the laying down a bit, or such carry on regardless?

Its horrible isnt it....I did that last week - had a pile of eggs that I could only bring myself to throw away on day 7!!! To make matters worse two of my girls started laying during the withdrawal period and I had to throw their 1st eggs away :(

dont you have family or neighbours? its a big wild world out there if you look :D

I think they're worming their hens - you can't eat the eggs or feed them back to the hens, they have to get binned - criminal! :wall: but necessary :)

BeckyBoo

Its medication not wormer but you are correct its all to do with the withdrawl period, I think Quickcluck said its 14 day withdrawl which is a shame :(

You can eat the eggs if worming with the standard dose Flubenvet wormer but most other medications have an egg withdrawl period sadly

Its medication not wormer but you are correct its all to do with the withdrawl period, I think Quickcluck said its 14 day withdrawl which is a shame :(

Mines for the mite....I was told 7 days for mine...hope thats right :?

You can eat the eggs if worming with the standard dose Flubenvet wormer but most other medications have an egg withdrawl period sadly

thanks i bought flubenvet so thats ok :D

Just an idea, but if you can't eat them, you could blow them :D

Pin a hole in each end, blow out the eggy. Clean. :D

You could paint them too if you wanted.

I had to throw an egg away once because I accidentally dropped it on the floor and it cracked...I was very upset :oops:

To make egg withdrawal more bearable I spray the white and blue egg layers first. Then three days later the brown egg layers. This way I still have eggs.