Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Lunchtime we had artichokes with lemon tarragon mayo and quail eggs, followed by the courgette soup (recipe in this section)

Tonight we had leg of lamb with fondant potatoes and loads of veggies followed by poached greengages with custard.

.......all home-grown!

Wholemeal soda bread, Rhubarb and Vanilla jam and Rhubarb and plum crumble :D

I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment on Friday night I made some plain yoghurt, banana, almond and poppyseed muffins and some spinach and nutmeg soup!

Amanda

ps I was really pleased with the jam as it was a very easy recipe and the first time I've ever made jam.

3 jars of bottled plums (not sure two have worked properly but still - first effort :roll: )

9 jars of HFW seasonal chutney using my freebie marrow, homegrown green tomatoes in fact the only bought things were two onions, vinegar and sugar

yesterday made bread and a yummy chocolate cake

currently have curried banana chutney on the boil - yes, kid you not! :shock:

BeckyBoo

Yes Christian! It's set now, well I think it has I haven't tried it yet as I'm still working my way through the Rhubarb and vanilla jam and Plum jam that I made last week :oops:

Wow you've been busy, if only you lived nearer I'd be popping round as you've made a few of my favourite things :lol:

Amanda

I've bottled the last of the wild plums - they look too pretty to eat! Made HFW's seasonal chutney, got piccallili on the go and then hedgerow jelly (for those in my family that can't manage pips!)_ :D

Had to get it all done before going away - it would have gone off in the fridge as there's not enough room in the freezer - too many berries! :D

BeckyBoo

Lemon Cordial and Sweetcorn Relish :D The house smelt lovely this morning, I did the cordial first. Smells a bit sour now because of the vinegar in the relish. Not made it before so am keeping my fingers crossed that my hard work pays off. Its a two day job because of salting the veg to remove moisture. Can't even try it for about three weeks :roll:

I finished making the bramble jelly that I started yesterday. I have also made a batch of plum jam ( with plums picked from our own tree :D ) and I have a batch of apple and plum jam on the stove at the mo. I'm fast running out of jars so the rest of the fruit stash in the freezer will have to stay in the freezer until I can blag more jars off friends and family... :lol: