Lesley

What have you cooked today?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/spicedplumcrumblewit_92520.shtml

This lovely plum crumble from saturday kitchen.

We used twice as many plums and still had far too much crumble mix, I would make less next time but the the flavour of the plums was lovely :lol: We used cherry brandy instead od plum brandy because we had some from last Christmas.

Oh made some chelsea buns for our breakfast yesterday when he got up to watch the Japanese Grand Prix :D

Yesterday: baked stuffed marrow (our only one that reached maturity, the others all rotted before they were big enough to be called a marow :( ) followed by apple and blackberry batter cake made with fallers from the orchard and blackberries from the hedgerows and of course eggs from the girls, so almost a free pudding!

Wow you lot have made some FABULOUS sounding stuff, Christian - SIX CHRISTMAS CAKES??!! :shock::shock: How many bowls did you have or did you make it all in one cement mixer?! Must have cost a small fortune - bet your kitchen smelled divine though! :drool::D

Anyway, very simple but I made french onion soup with a shed load of garlick in it - delicious! Could have done with some melted cheese swimming in it but I don't have cheese so made do with toast :D

BeckyBoo

Ooh I can smell them from here :D

Cooked a delicious roast pork yesterday, sometimes a roast just goes right and yesterday was one of those days.

We had Nigella's Key lime cheesecake for afters that OH made on Friday. He put the base in the springform at the wrong end so the base was a bit odd, but the topping was yumm. He wondered why the tin wouldn't stay together, didn't notice the recess running around the top of the tin :lol:

Some rather delicious lamb chops with mash and yellow french beans from the allotment. Pudding was something special though - one of those storecupboard experiments when you need to go shopping! :lol: Drained a tin of mandarins and laid them in the bottom of a cake tin. Added a basic chocolate sponge made with 4 eggs and 30g of flour replaced by cocoa powder. When cooked tipped out so the mandarins were on the top and covered with melted scotbloc (or asda's own) chocolate. Divvied up whilst still hot and served with a bit of evaporated milk. Mmmmmmmm! 'Twas very sickly but delicious! :lol: