eggregiousness

The thing is, sweetheart......

OK I have to admit this. My husband has been away for a few weeks and is coming home at the end of the month. He does not know that I (we?) now have chickens :shh: . I've got a funny feeling he once said something about chickens involving "dead" and "body" but I'm sure I must have that wrong. He is neurotic about rats so I have been out and bought a bait box and poison (haven't put them out as no sign anywhere of rats - just a billion field voles and shrews which Poppy the cat has been slaughtering). I have a clean and shiny Chicube which I'm putting on its stilt tomorrow so it will be as vermin-proof as any coop could be. I have poo-picked the garden compulsively on the hour every hour (well - kind of) since i've had the girls and the garden looks tons better than it did the last time he was here (barring 2 little dust bath holes).

Please tell me it will be OK! :anxious:

This sounds very familiar!

MY OH went away on business and came how to three Orps and an (green eglu). Silly man didn`t notice it for nearly 24hrs! :roll:

My handy hint would be to get all the ironing done. MY OH was SO impressed with the ironing MOUNTAIN that I had gotten through that he didn`t really say much about the chickens.....despite having threatening me with certain death if i got any!

Oooh...cook him something nice too :D

Whenever I need to break something to my OH, I tend to make something up that is far worse first, then I tell him thats not true but and tell him the real thing, I think it softens the blow. :wink:

Although, he has taken the "if she really wants something, I may as well give in first as last as it save on the agro" approach.

Ironically, it was OH who really wanted chickens, I married a marvellous man (just don't tell him :shh: )

Scottish - No means er NO - spade's a spade & all that . ( once lived North so it rubbed off on us too )

.. er well . .Good Luck!!!

Maybe a wee dram will help . . maybe a large dram for both will be better . . maybe you can pretend he's seeing things & he best go & lie down . .maybe you're looking after them for a friend & she ..well you'll never believe this but she absconded - emigrated

Just maybe the thing is sweethert . .we have chickens, theyre not edible & its me & them or or or .. er . well anyway its me & them :)

I did that once with a kitten, S U R P R I S E we shrieked in unison ( my accomplice - our daughter who also wanted a itten to add to our 2 cats, we'd always had 3 you see:)

Ms Tillythinksyouresweetlyinsane ha ha oryouknowhe'sarealsoftiesweetieatheart

Scottish - No means er NO - spade's a spade & all that . ( once lived North so it rubbed off on us too )

.. er well . .Good Luck!!!

Maybe a wee dram will help . . maybe a large dram for both will be better . . maybe you can pretend he's seeing things & he best go & lie down . .maybe you're looking after them for a friend & she ..well you'll never believe this but she absconded - emigrated

Just maybe the thing is sweethert . .we have chickens, theyre not edible & its me & them or or or .. er . well anyway its me & them :)

I did that once with a kitten, S U R P R I S E we shrieked in unison ( my accomplice - our daughter who also wanted a itten to add to our 2 cats, we'd always had 3 you see:)

Ms Tillythinksyouresweetlyinsane ha ha oryouknowhe'sarealsoftiesweetieatheart

er .........no :pray:

If it helps, I know that many a husband didn't want chickens but once they arrived and they started spending time with them have been completely won around :D

Yes my anti-chicken OH now feeds them a handful of pellets everytime he goes past which is often as i make him smoke in the shed :D

And BTW.......I started with three and that was it, no more, i promise, I told him.

We are at 16 now :shock: and he is fine with them :D

And BTW.......I started with three and that was it, no more, i promise, I told him.

I love chicken maths, we started with 4, which OH thought was enough. We are now at 10, and OH is on about hatching once we have a broody, and rescuing more ex batts.

Although, he won't let me get a Silkie and a Houdin :shameonu:

I love chicken maths, we started with 4, which OH thought was enough. We are now at 10, and OH is on about hatching once we have a broody, and rescuing more ex batts.

Although, he won't let me get a Silkie and a Houdin :shameonu:

Chicken maths is the best kind of maths! Although I am breaking my own chicken math rule as I don`t feel at ease with even numbers :?

I will have a talk with your OH Debs, drip drip drip about how great my Silkie pip is! :D