carrie

I got an eggskelter

I got a beautiful cream eggskelter off my husband today, it looks great in the kitchen. I am really amazed this year as he has actually listened to all my not so subtle hints :D

I've got 2 too...Aga green hen and bantam versions.......hen one is full & bantie one is anticipating some Pekin eggs..........in vain at the moment :roll: so full of big hen eggs too :lol:

Can't have the Aga so got Aga green egg skelters........not quite the same really, but a girl can dream :whistle:

Sha x

Me too! A cream one too! lol (matches my cookbook holder). I love taking an egg so they all roll down :dance: (easily pleased me)

Jan

Eggskelters are great, what a lovely present. 8)

I have two the original one and then a special purple one, this Christmas I have bought a blue one that DS has given to his girlfriends parents.

Sadly I have bought eggs on mine as my three girls seem to have given up on the egg laying thing :(

Chrissie

I had a blue one for Christmas. It looks great, but am I the only one who's eggs won't roll down properly and keep swivelling round??? :?

The hens produce normal sized eggs, so they aren't too small for it. I've had 7-8 eggs on there and when I take the bottom one out and they move down, some, not all, turn around.

Mine swivel too sometimes.....I just assume that my girls eggs are all unique not uniform :wink:

Be careful rolling them from the top to the bottom too.....I've had several land with a thumping scrunching noise :anxious:.....still fun to try though :lol:

Sha x

eggs won't roll down properly and keep swivelling round??? :?

The hens produce normal sized eggs, so they aren't too small for it. I've had 7-8 eggs on there and when I take the bottom one out and they move down, some, not all, turn around.

If they are to roll down nicely, I think the eggs need to be placed on the skelter with the pointy end inwards.

I've got a cream-coloured one, too, though I need a small one for the Bantam eggs. Is there a Bantam sized one? :think:

Saronne x

I met up with some friends last night for dinner and an exchange of Christmas presents - we couldn't fit an evening in before Christmas as we were all so busy. I GOT AN EGGSKELTER! :D

I've wanted one for ages, and yesterday I even thought 'shall I just order one from Omlet because "Ooops, word censored!"ody is going to get me one'. It's cream which goes with some of my kitchen things, and I'm thrilled.

All I need now is some eggs to put in it ... :(:evil: (one retired, two moulting!)