chick wiggle

bought first hatching eggs - *4* week old Pictures*

I was going to say, I doubt you'll see movement for a while yet :)

When we candled the eggs at school they had funny air sacs and just veins, then 3 days before hatching when we were turning off the motor and filling up the water, we candled them and saw Purkinje and Fry inside their eggs 8)

Cheeping for us only came the day before and at the farm they always get the egg out the day (or day before) its due and hold it up the the childrens ears and you can hear it pecking inside the eggs! 8)

Actually, what has been worring me is, what if only one hatches, wont it be lonely, will it survive on its own?

It could be ok on its own but would be best to get some day-olds from a breeder .... if while your waiting to get them, a teddy will be something for it to snuggle up to :)

I think Raina had MJ on his/her own and she said he cheeped a lot .... didn't make it unfortunately :(

I have e-mailed a few sources of day old chicks near me, just in case.

Today i have been getting the brooder ready, just in case any do hatch :roll::lol:

I am using a large quinea pig cage, I have put a rubber mat (bath mat) in the bottom of it so theres no slipping. I know Im not supposed to put bedding in until the chicks are a couple of days old so what, exactly, should I put on the floor?

:D

For the first few days I have tried kitchecn roll in separate bits in a few layers so if one or two squares get dirt you can whip those out with little disturbance to the chicks

Dappy Chick recently recommended puppy training pads as good in indoor cages and I have to say I am a bit sold on these :D

Ah well, Harumph, Big Sigh :( Its day 21 and I dont think i have to worry about a single chick been on its own. I dont think, well im pretty sure by now, that none of 'em are gonna hatch. They're laid in the bator doing nothing, absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, nowt :(:( Not a peep, not a wobble, no phone call, no letters, nothing :cry: