chick wiggle

bought first hatching eggs - *4* week old Pictures*

My last lot I thought hald were duds, no sign of movement, pipping, etc when others had hatched or pipped the day before. I came down the next morning to find 11 out of 12 eggs either hatched, or pipped and all 11 survived so they really do not go by the clock.

Tracy

Arghhhhhhhh Hee hee hee heeeeeeeeeee

I cant believe it! checked the eggs before bed last night and 1 had pipped! After a restless night I came down this morning and no2 has pipped! Nothing from no3 but im soooooo excited now. I really thought they were duds.

Come on little babies, mummys waiting :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Can you tell its my first time :oops::lol:

How exciting :clap::clap: - sometimes they pip and seem to rest for hours before then cracking around the shell and getting out, others do it a lot quicker. With my last lot the first one to pip then seem to do nothing for anout 12 hrs, whilst others pipped and were out very quickly.

I am away over the weekend - hopefully when I next check in Sunday night there will be some good news.

Tracy

Ideally they should stay n the inccy for at least 12 and up to 24 hours to completely dry off, also the noise and movement encourages any other eggs to hatch, since you are so excited though I will let you off :lol:

Oh no! :shock: I was going by my book which said leave them for a few hours and when dry put them in brooder, they stayed in the incy for about 4/5 hours after hatching, they will be ok wont they? They are cheeping a lot, is that normal? :?

4/5 hours isnt bad, they will normally always be fine, when I first hatched last year I took the chicks out soaking wet :roll: they were fine but it is better if they stay in for longer also you dont get the problems of a drop in humidity if you keep the inccy shut, I believe that my problem with a low hatch rate last year was being too tempted to open the inccy too soon, now I err on the side of caution and leave them in for as long as I possibly can

If they are alert and looking about or walking about and cheeping then I wouldnt worry, they are noisy little things and the wrench of getting out of the egg leaves them having to tell anyone and everyone all about it for a day or so :lol: if however they are huddled and noisy then consider lowering the lamp a bit, maybe they are a bit cold