Cooks

piling on the pounds since being less mobile UPDATED

Well as most of you know I fractured my foot before Christmas and then fell badly tearing my shoulder muscle so I have been far less mobile than I usually am. Well it's having a knock on effect with my weight which I believe is one reason I am getting more and more down in the dumps at times.

I have today decided to do something about it and although I cannot exercise yet... :lol: I can cut out any junk in my diet... so if you see me drooling after cookies and cakes smack me.. :lol:

Anyone else had this problem??

Edited by Guest

Anyone else had this problem??

I ended up having the opposite problem when I broke my leg. I was non weight-bearing for three months. During that time I lost quite a lot of muscle, so my weight went down, although I got very muscly arms at the same time.

I didn't have a problem eating less, as I wasn't really very hungry.

Rather than paying another company to make meals for you, what about "rising to the challenge" of making low fat food?

(If this is physically possible with current ailments.... :think: )

e.g. making low fat cakes - for example no-fat banana loaf - so you can still enjoy the food, still eat, but not eat all the fat etc?

It's amazing the difference just not being able to go about normal activies makes... I can sympathise!

Can really sympathise with you. I used to ride 5-6 times a week and look after 4-5 horses and as a result could eat pretty much whatever I wanted. Injured my back and cut down on all the activity, put on 2 stone :x I have lost 1 stone of it and am battling with the other.

I am more active now but getting back into regular exercise still isn't really happening.

I find planning and cooking meals helps me indulge the thinking about food most of the time problem.

Low fat snacks help too, things like melba toast with low fat philli and prawns or tomato. Sugar free jellies to help with a sweet craving. Strips of toasted pitta with low fat hummus.

Thinking about what exercise you could do rather than what you can't do.

well my jaw gets lots of exercise... :lol::oops:

seriously though it is a pain as realistically I go to do stuff and my body goes whooooooooahhh hold on there!!! and I have to stop, it't getting better but is aggravated by the physio. :roll:

I will try my best to lose a good chunk of weight, not saying how much.. :lol::lol::lol:

Hi,

Recently I've had some trouble with my tummy that seemed to worse after eating bread. I have been cutting back drastically on the amount of bread I eat, so instead of a cheese sandwich I have cheese and salad or couscous or something similar. Tummy is loads better and I have actually lost some weight. I bought a size smaller top than I have for years, which was great. Maybe that will help, although it's not easy - I love all the different types of bread.

I spent 3 months working on my research project for my post grad sitting at a computer and (and consoling myself with packets of crisps and glasses of pinot grigio) and put on half a stone. It all seems to be round my waist!

Cookie Monster I think that however sensibly you eat, exercise is what really makes the difference. Is there any way you could exercise in the swiming pool, even if you can't swim, you could use floats to balance the shoulder and foot and use the remaining limbs to propell yourself and get some cardiovascular exercise.

(I have now got a bizarre image of a sort of underwater Sesame Street) :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: that vision is now in my head

I will start to get a bit more active doing 'little' walks when the fracture clinic give me the go ahead. That should be this friday as he said all the repairing then will be ligament which just takes time, which I can live with as long as he says it's ok to exercise.

I dont swim too well, I can swim, but I dont enjoy it as I feel I dont do it well enough if that makes sense?? :anxious: but I mihgt look for an aquafit, I went to that a few times when I was pregnant and it was ok.

I do eat junk, I dont avoid it if I am truthfull, so that can be one big help getting rid of that... Sorry Em, Maccy D's is out now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

and I haven't even looked at the biscuit tin today.. thats the first step.. :lol: