sallyj

Thornes Poultry Centre - any good?

Thornes is great. Lots of different pure breeds and a good range of hybrids too! I could wander round there for ages!!! (all the time telling myself that I don`t need a pancilled wyandotte :roll: )

They have hybrids for sale most of the year I believe but I doub`t they have any pure breed stock for sale at present as they hatch in spring and release end of summer into autumn.

They stock lots of chickeny bits too and the have a good range of plants available too!

One forum member has won classes in shows with stock from Thornes :)

One forum member has won classes in shows with stock from Thornes :)

:lol: My ears are burning :lol: yes my wonderful boy Tarzan came from Thornes

Its a really nice place to visit, lots of chooks that you had no idea you needed :lol: They may have a few pure breeds form last year knocking about buut as Em says they come up for sale a bit later in the year, probably worth waiting for though

The prices are on the steep side but they are proper breeders rather than retailers and all stock is very healthy and quite well bred

oooh dont.

Palmer07 and I walked round Thornes saying 'I want that, and that...and that...and that' Cookiemonster was trying to keep us under control with the harassed face of someone out with two toddlers :lol:

In the end we could only be controlled with ice creams as all the best toddlers know that what you get if you play up enough :wink:

oooh dont.

Palmer07 and I walked round Thornes saying 'I want that, and that...and that...and that' Cookiemonster was trying to keep us under control with the harassed face of someone out with two toddlers :lol:

In the end we could only be controlled with ice creams as all the best toddlers know that what you get if you play up enough :wink:

:lol: Good job she didn't have her crutches at that time then! I found when I say I want that etc I forget - I have a very long list. Although after that show I reeeeeaaaallly want those blue silver pencilled Wyandotte bantams. :oops:

Barbara J wrote:

You can't buy the silkies etc singly though can you?? thats the impression i got yesterday when i asked what could be bought singly he said only the ones in the long covered run on the opposite side to the hybrids!

There you go - gotta get more than one. :lol:

oooh dont.

:lol: :lol: trying to control Em is bad enough but I have no hope with you aswell :lol: :lol: :lol: However much fun it is to try. :lol:

oooh dont.

:lol: :lol: trying to control Em is bad enough but I have no hope with you aswell :lol: :lol: :lol: However much fun it is to try. :lol:

oooh yes Tasha...we must go out with Aunty Cookie again...I had forgotten all about the icecreams!!!! :)

When I went last (October/Nov 09) it looked like they were selling some of their breeding stock in pairs and groups. When they had their first release of Pure Breeds you could mix and match individual birds :)