Imogen

Christmas Chicks

I'm not looking forward to collecting my eggs tomorrow because we found out that we have an enormous rat in the garden today and I think it's been stealing an egg from the Eglu every day. I'm a bit nervous about putting my hand through the eggport in case he's in there! Eeeek!!

We wondered why we've gone from having 2 eggs every day to only one this week and now we think he's been taking them - I'm going to get him though :twisted: !! Nothing steals MY eggs!

Uploading the photos does take a long time although it depends on how big they are in the first place. When mine were taking too long, I changed their size to around 400x300 pixels and they uploaded in no time. If you have trouble, try e-mailing James at Omlet and he'll have some advice although he may not be around for a few days over Christmas. You sound pretty computer wise though so it should be a doddle for you.

Can't wait to see your girls!

Yes, that's my favourite too although they're a pain because they tap on the window until I go out and give them tinned sweetcorn! I'm happily washing up and there they are - tweedledum and tweedledumber :roll: !!!

I have to go past the window bending over like Quasimodo so they don't see me and hop up to start tapping!!! We call it "Stealth Mode"!!

They're lovely girls and I don't know what I did without them. Nothing quite so nice as hens :D .

Hello Jack

Yes, I had a look for the photos and I know Kate did have a problem with hers so I'll keep checking. I can't wait to see if they are like the little brown hen we nearly brought home!

Tomorrow, we have a day off - Yessss... and we will be having boiled eggs and soldiers! Carl is just making a new loaf ready for the morning mmmmm eggs and new bread.

Our girls are the ones in the album titled 'Eglu Towers' because when we bought another Eglu to house the two extra chickens we built a platform to put it on.

Lesley

i also saw 'eglu towers'. it looks fantastic!! :!::!:

i bet its hard to clen though :!:

No - we bought a power washer for £65 from B&Q and just blast everything in sight!

The chickens run off to their sandpit in the corner when they see it! That is our job for tomorrow - after the boiled eggs!

Lesley

Hello Jack

I can see you've been trying to upload your photos and had a problem. I had a similar problem and James sorted it out for me.

I'll send him a message now but I imagine he's away or taking a well-earned break after the Christmas rush.

In the meantime if anyone else can help I'm sure thay will leave a message here.

Just off to make porridge for our girls.

Lesley

Sorry Jack, I'm not that bright when it comes to uploading photos - I had problems too but I'm sure James will be back soon and he'll know what to do. Your girls will be in full glory in the gallery before you know it.

Just had a thought - what size were the pictures you were trying to upload? When I tried to put mine in the gallery, it took half an hour and still hadn't done anything so I cancelled the upload and tried altering the size of my photos to 400x300 pixels. They uploaded really quickly (in about 2-3 minutes) after that. I think you have to change the size in your photo program and I think it is probably under "Image". It might work - good luck anyway.

Hope your girls are still enjoying the snow - we still haven't got any but it's really cold and frosty - not quite the same as snow though :cry: .

The scrambled eggs last night were absolutely delicious, by the way!

Take care,

Hi Jack,

Hope it works! If not, try e-mailing James (he does take a while to get back to you sometimes but it's generally worth the wait because he knows what to do!). The other thing I remembered is don't try to upload more than one photo at a time. When I was trying to do 5 at once, it wouldn't work but was successful when I did them one at a time!

Good luck, can't wait to see the photos!