ebaygirl

Weather help!

I'm sitting here watching the online weather reports with increasing trepidation...

We are due to set off from Worcester for The Isle of Mull on Friday morning. We are stopping overnight in Dumbarton and then catching the ferry from Oban on Saturday morning.

Are we going to make it??!! :pray:

If anyone along the M6 and beyond route can let me know how it is looking I'd be very grateful.

I spoke to the lovely cottage caretaker this morning who told me it was snowing at the time, but only seemed to be passing over on the island - this is normal, I think - I'm more worried about making it to Oban...

This will be our thrid visit to Mull and whilst I woudn't want to endanger life for a holiday, I really want to go this time too! :D

Thanks in advance

Sarah

I heard on the radio that the A82 towards Fort William was not passable with cars due to snow, (around the Crianlarich/Tyndrum area), are you going to Oban this way? Probably would be better to go the western route via Inverary, and up towards Oban, rather than taking the other route which goes via Glencoe :!:

I work for an airline and had several passengers today from Scotland booking flights as the ferries were cancelled. Hopefully the weather towards the end of the week will be better 8) I would maybe check with the ferry company the day before to see how things are running and if there is a possible backlog.

Have a lovely time. :D

Im off to Italy :lol::lol: sorry :wink:

Ha! Thanks! :lol: Hope you have a great time!!

Mind you, the first time we went to Mull, my parents went to Corsica during the same week. We had glorious weather, they had snow! :P

ANH - we take the Inverary route to Oban, there seem to be fewer caravans & other slow movers on that one. Thanks for the info about the A82.

Patricia - we will do, don't worry. My son doesn't seem to be able to get off the drive without asking for a ham sandwich. He will never live down the time he asked for one on the way to Birmingham!! 25 miles away for those who don't know! :lol::lol:

ANH - we take the Inverary route to Oban, there seem to be fewer caravans & other slow movers on that one. Thanks for the info about the A82.

My pleasure, but it wasn't me :lol::lol: .

Hope you have a lovely time when you get there :D .

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Thanks Chelsea

Stupid me, your avatars aren't even that similar! Must be galloping old age. Sorry.

:doh:

My parents live between Glasgow and Dumbarton and their roads are fine. I normally live near Loch Lomond but I'm in Kent this week so I can't tell you what the weather's like there I'm afraid. My husband has brought us all down for the week to try to persuade us to move here because he lives here during the week. One line of manipulation was the better climate with hardly any rain. I think that one's been blown out of the water quite literally!

Becka

Stupid me, your avatars aren't even that similar! Must be galloping old age. Sorry.

:doh:

I'd never even noticed the similarity :lol::doh: .

Just as well I don't use the whole photo :lol: .

4455735128_60614042f9_s.jpg

Oh that would have really done it! Gorgeus pic btw!

Thanks for all your comments, it does look to have calmed down now and the roads thawed too. I have spoken to the caretaker of the cottage who has told me that the snow they had has gone from the roads, still there on the grass, so at least the very steep up then down to the house is manageable.

:... I'm heading up to Oban........ebaygirl, I'm not a 'slow mover' with my caravan so won't hold you up :roll::lol:

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I think it is not being able to see very far ahead of me that I find most frustrating. I'm glad you aren't a 'slow mover'! How about we race you there?! :D

Well, the bags are packed & the cats know 'something is up', best have an early night so I am nice to the family tomorrow.

See you when I get back

Sarah