Millie-Annie

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS. INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Hi everyone,

I am a new member but a only on the forum as we are still looking at buying chickens. We are doing our homework and reading and asking questions to make sure we can really do this. I am all for it but I want to be 100% certain. We went to see a friend who has some chickens this week but it was about 8.30 in the evening and they had taken themselves off to bed! Very clever chickens in my opinion. And she does not have an Eglu. That is the next plan to actually see an Eglu Classic in action.

So watch this space.....

Lots of Clucks

LuLu

Welcome!

Chicken keeping is great - you will not regret it! I think everyone should do it... :D

There is loads of info on this site, and people are happy to answer any questions - even if you think they are daft ones (I know a lot of people have helped me out over the last 18 months!).

Good luck with all the research!!

Hello all

I've been lurking on here off and on for a while as a guest and thought it was about time I made my skulking official. No chooks in our back garden yet but we're hoping to get some hybrids in September. In the meantime I'm trying to gain as much information as I can and this seems a great place to start, apologies in advance for the 101 questions to follow!

Jac

Hello and welcome to the forum, I'm glad you've introduced yourself. :D

No need to apologise for asking questions, many of us have learnt everything we know about hens right here on the forum ourselves.

We'll look forward to hearing about your chickens in September. Meanwhile, hope you enjoy reading and posting. :D

Hi, totally new to the world of chicken keeping. As a mum of 2 young children (3 and 1.5) my husband thought chickens would be great for them to watch/ play with, plus a great supply of eggs for the cakes he seems to think I'll bake!!!

At the moment I'm trying to learn as much as I can on the subject and we've started to prepare the garden for their house. I've been mooching around the forums and picked up a lot of info over the past few weeks. We want 2 chickens, and I think we want POL birds. The only thing I haven't found is a local breeder, we are in Bolton but so far the nearest I have found is in Barnsley. Are there any breeders near Lancs that you can recommend.

I'm sure I will be asking too many questions on the forums oer the coming months/years!!

:wink:

Lisa

Hello Lisa, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of chickenkeeping. I'm sure you and your family will really enjoy having hens.

I don't know the answer about breeders, but there is a topic about them if you scroll down to the Chicken section, and I'm sure some Lancs members will have some ideas too.

Thought I'd just say hello, thank you for introducing yourself, and ask as many questions as you like! :D

Edited by Guest

Hi everyone! Well after a year and a half of umming and ahhing, my husband and I have ordered two lovely chickens and an eglu classic (purple eglu) at the Gardeners World Live show today. We're very excited and can't wait to meet the girls very soon! We're both new to the world of chicken-keeping so will probably need lots of reassurance and advice from all of you professionals!

Great!

Hi im a townie newbie and have just got 2 chickens in heart of oxford oooooohhh they are gorgeous but what a racket in the morning!!!! Hope neighbours are ok. Im probably super sensitive because such an unusual sound not like their sweet day cooing and clucking. Celver goldline gave us one perfect small egg after 6 days shes frisky and busy always in a hurry somewhere!! Bluebelle is big and grounded she just looks at the other and says calm down. Today im worried bout her because she is asleep in garden most of day poo is normal. i think she is either settled in to home or unwell can anyone help please?

Welcome stelladaisy & khowes, hope you both enjoy the forum and your new hens. :D

See how Bluebelle is in the morning, whether she is eating & drinking OK, and let us know. As you say, it may just be the settling in.

Meanwhile, all the best to both of you. :D

Hi everyone! Well after a year and a half of umming and ahhing, my husband and I have ordered two lovely chickens and an eglu classic (purple eglu) at the Gardeners World Live show today. We're very excited and can't wait to meet the girls very soon! We're both new to the world of chicken-keeping so will probably need lots of reassurance and advice from all of you professionals!

Hello + welcome to the forum :D

Nice to meet you today :P

We expect lots of photos of the (purple eglu);)

hi im quite new to this ive had my chickens now since the 4th june and got my first egg on the 11th we love them theyre soo great they even get on with the dogs,

the only problem is my hen thats laying laid eggs for 7 days straight then didnt lay one then laid one without a shell and today she didnt come out of the house till about 2pm and had laid an egg but the shell was reallly thin and she had squashed it and when she did come out she didnt seem her self she was quiet and looked hunched over we thought she may be egg bound but had a look and couldnt see or feel anything abnormal they have oyster shell and grit

does anyone know anything that i could do or what it might be??

thanks

Hi every body,we have had our 2 beautiful girls 3 weeks now and they are great, my hubby who was happy to have them but they were for me :wink: loves them he spends a lot of time just watching them and when he,s in the garden they follow him around, i don,t get a lookin, we are getting eggs everday now which is wonderfull and are eating out of our hands :D!gogreen!GNR mapp PP lucia :dance: