craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

Yay!!! Finally finished my quilt!

QUILT1.jpg

It is huge and covers the bed nicely. A bit too warm for now, but will be nice in the winter. OH fell asleep under it on the sofa last night and I had to move his head to avoid dribble marks. :vom::lol:

Like that Christian, well done very cosy. :D and the rest of you the sock monkeys are hilarious and love the hat. :clap::D

I've not been making anything for a while, too busy crafting a WIR, but seeing your makes wants me to get back to it. My machine is now mended so ready to go. :D

Will take some later, as my mum & dad are coming round in a bit...dad for his card & prezzie ( body shop aftershave & some homemade scones). Men love home baking don't they?

Made hubby a batch too - as he is a daddy to Poppycat & the chooks! :D

Will take photos of all the bits I've done lately ok?

Emma.x

My attic24 granny stripe blanket is coming along nicely. Just love her colour choices.

Emma.x

I am making one of these too :Dhttp://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5568845&l=25679691d6&id=622391762 its a bit bigger than this now though - about twice as wide. I keep meaning to ask Lucy at Attic 24 what camera she uses as her photos have such amazing colours. I am looking at doing the zig zag blankie too, but will be good and wait until my granny stripe is finished :angel: After looking at her older posts, I found out she learnt how to crochet using the same book I have learnt. (Well I learnt from her, with added bits and pieces from the book - same difference really :lol: )

I think Lucy puts a lot of thought into getting just the right yarn and experimenting with different size hooks to get the right texture before she starts. And she does have a very good eye for colour! It obviously pays off - mine never look as good as hers :lol:

I got the same wool as Lucy & even asked her for the colour combination she was doing - so mine will be the same as hers. I had lots admiring it at knitting club yesterday. :D It's coming on my caravan holiday with me - imagine how much I'll get done. Woohooo!

My knitting club is going to be on the restaurant owners barge in a couple of weeks - I can't wait! 8)

Emma.x

I keep meaning to ask Lucy at Attic 24 what camera she uses as her photos have such amazing colours.

I'm on a ravelry forum that lucy posts on and she put this;

"Taking photos of crochet is such good fun, I think it’s almost as much fun “staging” and photographing as it is actually hooking!!

I’ve had my camera for years, it’s a very simple and inexpensive “point and shoot” type, a small silver Canon Ixus65. But I love it so much, it never fails to take good pics providing there is enough natural light (I never use flash or a tripod). It handles colour brilliantly I think.

I wrote a post about my photography a while ago, you can read it in my blog archives here

As I say, the Ixus65 is quite old now…if I were to replace it i would get the Canon Ixus 95 which is about what I paid for my ixus 65 when I first bought it about 5yrs ago (£149)."

Hope this helps :D

I have just started to crochet a simple baby blanket (I can't do complicated!) for my niece's bump when it arrives! We are so excited. My DD who is exactly one week younger than my niece is going to start knitting some baby things too (she is mega excited and gone totally baby crazy - bit worrying :wink::lol: ) :D

I made all the babies on my side of the family blankets and most of them still have them. Unfortunately by the time OH's side of the family had babies I was too busy to do some for them so its nice to be able to do another. :D