craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I've been crafting again! Its been an absolute age since I got my Janome out (and for some reason the tension is now screwed and I can't find my manual :cry: ) however, all I've made today are two dribble bandana's for my youngest, though both boys wore one each all day, and a headscarf for DD. All three were made the same way, simple square of fabric, folded in half to form a triangle, right sides together, sewn all round leaving a small gap for turning. Turned right side out, stitched all round the edge with a 0.5cm seem to neaten, and small lengths of hook and loop tape attached to fasten.

The boys bandanas are because my youngest has a serious dribble issue and it makes me heave to take his shirts off :vom: , and he is too big for a bib, in the traditional sense, so, I bought a half yard of cath kidson cowboy fabric on ebay and knocked these out this morning. Both boys had to have one, as my youngest copies his big brother in everything. Big brother was told that it was a cowboy bandana for playing cowboys and the rest was easy :lol:

DD felt left out, so I got some peachy coloured fabric from my s"Ooops, word censored!" bag and made her headscarf.

off to search for my manual now..

Hi all! wow! you've made some amazing things! I'm making a crochet blanket for my daughter...lots of squares but getting there! made a cushion for the bed and a blanket for the new kittens we are getting in a couple of weeks! love my granny squares!! xx :dance:

DSCF1015.jpg

ta da! finally worked out how to get a pic on! (thanks Plum!)

this is my wonky duck, camera case, daughters blanket - so far - in purple pink and red and my sons - so far - in blue and red!

love the ye ha bibs!!

Wow they are bright. Am going to have to have another go at crotcheting.

Had an idea for next make when I was putting up a groundsheet as a sunshade in the WIR - one made of patchwork. Think the girls will appreciate it? :lol:

This morning I started making Christmas cards :D . I have 70 to do, all from kits which were reduced after Christmas last year.

I have been busy knitting as well. A chunky fairisle type sweater, just got the collar to do and then sew up. Also a DK sweater, sleeves and collar to knit and then sew up. I hate the sewing up bit so want to get both sweaters knitted and hopefully my mum will sew them up when she comes to visit :)

Have been fighting a losing battle with the veggie patch and garden so far, not picked up a needle apart from sewing up seams to everyone's trousers and patching up a dress for son's GF. I have been doing a couple of sketches, but only rough outlines of what I'd like to do - thought I'd have a bash at drawing again - too hot to quilt.

Go on Lesley you know you want to do something more interesting :D

I've been using my cheepo machine and its doing a fine job of straight stitching.

I've been getting on with my sunshade for the WIR. Using up a lot of chicken fabric cut strips and speed pieced. Have bought some egg fabric today to make it a bit bigger and back it. Hope it will cut down the sun enough for them and keep them cool - just in case it gets warm again. :roll:

OH is horrified but I know I will enjoy seeing it and I have no end of bits of work that rarely see the light of day. :D

Don't have any pictures to show, but am making a wedding quilt for DD2 who gets married in 2 weeks time. I am still pieceing the top so I don't think it will be finished in time for the wedding but maybe for when they return from honeymoon. I'm making it from the 3 sisters avairy range and its alternate 9 patch and snowball. The pattern looked really easy in the book but in reality its turned into a bit of a mare, as you have to match the triangle of the snowball corner to the seam on the 9 patch, not sure if that makes sense to you. Anyway my seams don't all match but I've decided that DD2 will love it whatever :lol:

I'm also making mega loads of bunting for the wedding venue which it nice and easy and a pleasant distraction from the traumas of the wedding quilt :lol: