craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

That one hasn't been on the floor for wiping feet because I wanted to keep it clean until I had entered it into the local Gardeners' Association Show and taken a photo of it but my other one is thick (and so been used as a pad to kneel on) and so much better than the shop-bought mats because it can go in the washing machine at high temperatures and doesn't leave bits of rubber backing in the next few loads. However I needed another, hence making this one.

Now in the middle of threading the loom up for another but also would like to find a suitable knook hook. I've been using a locker hook to make some blanket squares. Some are crocheted, some knitted and some are a hybrid. I've managed to do a cable. Knooking is a way of knitting with a crochet hook. I seem to be have a tendency to have several projects on the go at once!

I finally finished this quilt, it had been put on the back burner while I finished the memory quilt for LMW.The colours appear a bit washed out in the picture, they are much brighter in reality.

image-6.jpg

Got some fantastic batiks at the knitting and stitching show can't wait to get cracking on them.

Beautiful, are you teasing us? Is there more to it than the block we can see.

I love working with batiks, the fabrics have such depth. I've had a spell using mostly hand dyes but am just doing a project with batiks and they are yummy. :D

That's most of it you can't see all the border and binding in the lower half of the picture, the quilt is basically a heart with paler blocks around it. I love batiks and bright colours. One bright quilt brightens up an otherwise dull room and adds colour on a gloomy day.

It is a beautiful quilt love the colours MWM. I like the bright colours too. It makes you feel cheerful. :D:D

Very clever to form the blocks into a heart brilliant. :D So many things you can do when quilt making. :D:D

I have made a quilt front for my grandson :) my first attempt :!: I now have put the wadding the back and then put binding on :? Then attempt to quilt it! :? But have enjoyed doing it. :dance: I hope to finish it for Xmas. :) but maybe he'll have it for his birthday next year lol.

It is easier to quilt it then put the binding on because otherwise it can go out of shape. Don't cut the excess backing and wading off until you have quilted it either (unless you have loads left you should always allow 2-3in of spare backing and wadding around the quilt top) as quilting can take up some of the excess.

I've admired the Tentmakers of Cairo for years and have a small piece of their work. Now I'm having a go at making a quilt inspired by them.

This is a prototype made into a mugrug

3a17e1f1-0105-470c-892b-24d8fbc012c6_zps30e9d286.jpg

The quilt is quite colourful not sure it's going to work but I'm having fun trying :D

ooohhh now for some reason MWM I was thinking of 1. putting wadding 2. then bind it 3. then quilt it. oops. I will change order now... glad u said.....if I think about it...your order of doing the quilt makes sense. I do love this site :D:D

I will post a picture....have tried before but it did't work. :? I will seek advise when I have finished :)

:D thank you

Red bug I find that if you trim it at the end before quilting you can get things straighter, so I'm with Mrs webmuppet on that. There's no rights or wrongs just have fun

Plum I am in total awe of your quilting I would love to have a go but am all thumbs on the machine but have made a start at using it more even if it is only to sew the girls Guide badges on their blankets

I gained confidence by watching videos on line, doing a lot of doodling on paper in meetings to build muscle memory then just having a bash.

There's 365 excellent tutorials here that should keep you busy link to Leah Day.

Have a look at the FAQ section as well.

Another good site is SewCalGal interesting tutorials there and on facebook where I belong to a group where we have monthly challenges and swaps. link

Wish you lived nearer, fancy a move to Derbyshire. We have chickens :lol:

Love it! I'm helping out at a youth club on Friday evenings and having great fun teaching some of them to knit. No-one is at the standard of LMW yet though!

Warning! Little Miss Webmuppet has ordered a new Mochi Mochi book.....knitted Scary Monsters will be along soon. She is ready to pounce on the postie as soon as he is sighted. We had to go to the wool shop and stock up on assorted small balls of wool yesterday and her knitting needles are poised ( I even got her a new bag of toy stuffing)..... :lol: still it'll keep her out of mischief once the forecasted storms start.

Oo the mochi mochi books are awesome. Im in the middles of hand sewing a patchwork quilt. Why i decided to do it by hand i will never know. Next ones by machine i think.

I also need to finish my fleece cage liners for my hedgehogs vivarium and my purple taffeta cloak for my cosplay. Hrmmm think i may need to finish these off :P

I also need to finish my fleece cage liners for my hedgehogs vivarium and my purple taffeta cloak for my cosplay. Hrmmm think i may need to finish these off :P

Ooooo, do you have those little pygmy hedgehogs ? If you do what colour are they/is it - cos I think you buy them in 1's - and if you do have them can we see a pic ? :mrgreen: