craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

I lOvE it! Did you do various lengths of rectangles and then sew them together over the rails? What a bargain and such a unique piece :D

Yes thats how I did it. The boring bit was weaving in the ends for each colour change. Plus the upright legs taper in and out so I had to keep adjusting the width of the band.

I'm really chuffed how it has turned out. This was my first big project done without a pattern to follow. I taught myself to crochet a couple of years ago with the book "crochet unravelled" that was recommended on this forum. I have only done a few cushion covers and a few small toys up to now. Who knows whats next!

That chair is amazing! I don't think I'd have enough patience to finish it. I'm making a crochet bag using an Attic 24 pattern, I'm about half way up the sides. I try and do another row every afternoon, but I've been so tired lately & find it so relaxing I've been struggling to keep my eyes open. I'm also making a granny square blanket, joining the squares as I go. It might get finished by next Christmas!

Still knitting socks like crazy. I love sock wool, i've heard of some that knit up like animal pelt-Zebra, tiger etc. The socks I have are are very tough, forgiving and so cosy. The patterns are fun.

Best of all- no blocking, seams or so on. I don't possess the patience and skill that you all have.

I love seeing what you make.

No its a cotton duvet cover from Tesco reduced in the sale for £8 backing!! I bought other stuff but did not like it - its the first time I have really managed to get quilting right - the secret really is measure measure measure and iron. The single duvet was slightly small so I had to have a few inches from the front side and cut it in one - then found out when I finished my quilt that the seams on the duvet are not matched - that annoyed me after it was finished though.

Missouri star quilt company are great on tutorials on utube - they really explain things well.