craftyhunnypie

What have you all been making?

It really looks awesome! I'm not made for big projects... Get bored too fast...

It did sit a while as I was not too keen on the binding of it as I have always done binding by hand after sewing on one side but this time I machine stitched it and was pleased enough with that so I would do again. I get bored easily too but as I had been given some fabric as a present I really had to finish it. My new one is pieced onto white 10" Layer cakes and is strips but a white empty strip is left in the middle so the strips all line up when its finished - we will see on that one!! But its a slow one as there are other things to do outside such as the garden when the weather clears - we had 3 inches snow yesterday and its still white today!

Awww thank you.

Breaking away from the current one, I've started making a cushion as a thank you gift. Because we joked about hedgehogs, I ordered some fabric from Spoonflower. So I thought I'd do a Celtic style bias knots around the hedgehog. Still doodling for ideas but the centre bit is done. Not done this before although I've done a bit of applique, so it's not brilliant at the join. Luckily the batik fabric hides a lot. Plus I'm using silk thread so it does blend in. I can see the bits on the background but I think they may be hidden when I quilt in the ditch. This is it so far:

20150428_080333_zpscvj9uruk.jpg

Boy not moving out. Naughty landlord and incompetent estate agents. The youngsters are frantically trying to find a new place. They'd paid the deposit and signed their contracts. Landlord didn't and they weren't told until today - they were supposed to get the keys on the 7th! Landlord sold house instead (although it is still on another agent's rental list as available - sounds dodgy). So I will have to wait a bit longer. I guess I'd better start cracking!!!!

That's brilliant never thought of using oil cloth. Was it easy to handle and what thread did you use ......and, do you have a pattern?

No pattern quite easy to sew lots of internet searching it does not frayso thats a bonus and have made some toilet bags and a bag for my passport and documents with zips they are so easy to put in. Bought a load of off cuts from Norfolk textiles for £35 and have loads of cloth. Everyone getting bag presents!!!

Ooh I love the oilcloth bag! I have something similar on my 'project' list (when I've finished all the UFOs :lol: )

I've just made this panda beanie hat as a leaving present for a colleague - bit of an 'in' joke about pandas, I'm not sure he will ever wear it as the sizing didn't quite work out!

79df3556-7011-4206-9421-5652ca56b361_zpstudf1efv.jpg

Not entirely happy with the piping on the cushion, it's going a bit wonky. Next time I'll make sure I have everything ruled out properly and not trying to do it as best as I can with the equipment I have to hand. And somehow I have 2 big square non-slip rulers that have disappeared!! Heaven knows where they are now. :evil:

The only other thing I can say is - I must have wonky eyes! :lol: