Lesley

Senior Moments

Sarah you lucky thing I wish my other half could cook.

The other day when I was working late I asked him to feed the kids he took them to Macdonalds Yukkk !!!!

Glad I didn't have to eat it I cooked my own.

You seem to have mastered quotes I shall confess now that I still can't use the quote function maybe you could give me a master class........ :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:evil: Grahams just told me off .... I prepared the veg earlier for tomorrow, and laid the dining room table(not often we get to eat there with a 3 and 5yr old) :wink: . The problem is I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to cooking and entertaining, its something I like to think I do well :wink: . So poor Graham with all the best intentions tends to get more help than he actually needs ... but I feel a bit guilty after being poorly, and then he did the ironing this morning too 8) .

I have been promised brekky in bed .. so will leave that well alone :lol: .

My OH and my SIL cook all the time, so daughter and I are very lucky. 8)

Only problem is they have similar tendencies to Keith Floyd :lol::lol: and the food gets later and later.........

SIL, Andrew, will start cooking here while the rest of us go to Church.

I'm also a control freak so I will do a timetable (and check on progress) otherwise we won't get lunch until 3pm tomorrow!

Carl and I don't mind, we're used to it, but the children get hungry, get silly, wreck the place, eat the furniture.......... (they just get really grumpy really :lol: )

Lesley wrote

I'm also a control freak so I will do a timetable (and check on progress) otherwise we won't get lunch until 3pm tomorrow!

Carl and I don't mind, we're used to it, but the children get hungry, get silly, wreck the place, eat the furniture.......... (they just get really grumpy really

I offered to do Graham a "timing" sheet .. can't repeat what he said :oops:

And true what you say about the kids .... you then relent and give a few grapes to shut them up, and then they don't eat the dinner :roll: . We are aiming for starters at 12.45pm, while the beef rests and the Yorkshires rise. Then the mains and desert ... if theres any left after tonight ... Graham taped ER and we are going to watch it later 8) . ( Marks' cheesecake selection is yummy, and the Brownie desert ..... :!: ).

We've got two roasting chickens again and no doubt Carl will tell Jake(4) that they are Millie and Tallulah again - and no doubt Jake will fall for it again- and no doubt Mummy and Grandma will be left to pick up the pieces again - while Daddy and Carl drink in the kitchen - again :lol::lol::lol: Lauren (7) will be doing this :roll::roll:

Edited by Guest

I borrowed a book from the library called "How to Improve Your Memory"

It really works!

But, I forgot to take it back to the library.... :(

I have a colleague who decided to go on a self assertiveness course, as she felt she needed it (speech impediment didn't help), so she booked it at her local adult education centre.

Unfortunately she got there a bit late, and they'd already closed the door. She was too timid to go in late, so she went away again....

True story.

:lol::lol:

Brilliant, didn't know whether to laugh or cry about that...poor thing. :cry:

I used to be so shy & self conscious.....I'm not now (don't know what happened).......& would have felt like that.

Arrived at a tutorial once, nodded to the people already seated, went to sit down and couldn't work out how to sit down; The chair & desk was an all in one piece of furniture. For what seemed an eternity, I looked at it (with all eyes on me in complete silence) trying to work out how to climb into something that looked like a baby's highchair.

Eventually realized that the desk was a hinged flap that lifted up on one side....I was so near leaving the room :oops:

Edited by Guest