Cinnamon

Delia's classic Christmas cake

OK, so I am a bit behind the times, but made mine yesterday form mum's birthday next month. I have never made a fruit cake before but it seemed to go OK, poor mum has cake envy and says it looks better than hers (which can't be right 'cos mum's cakes are ALWAYS best).

But feel like I have a new pet now: snuggled up in its o layers of paper and foil, to be undressed to feed it.....

I usually make mine a couple of months ahead of time and then feed it approx every 2 weeks with a syringe and needle. The last 2 years though I have been short of time and have left the fruit to soak in more brandy than advised for a week before cooking. I didn't get chance to feed either of them but they turned out just as well :D

OK, so I am a bit behind the times, but made mine yesterday form mum's birthday next month. I have never made a fruit cake before but it seemed to go OK, poor mum has cake envy and says it looks better than hers (which can't be right 'cos mum's cakes are ALWAYS best).

But feel like I have a new pet now: snuggled up in its o layers of paper and foil, to be undressed to feed it.....

That's so funny, but you are right it does feel like having a new pet :lol::lol::lol: