welovemarmite

We're all planning walk in runs! PART 3!

We've just bought our corrugated roofing to put on top of the new run that Mr Groovychook has been lovingly constructing! :dance:

We wanted to get it partially finished so that the girls could be housed in there whilst we went away for the weekend, so covered the roof with weldmesh and a big tarp.

Now that we've come to the stage where we want to put the permanent roof on, I just wondered if it's necessary to keep the weldmesh on as well as the corrugated plastic? Do you think it would be fully fox proof without it? :think:

... I think it would be less hassle for Mr. GC to have it without!

We've just bought our corrugated roofing to put on top of the new run that Mr Groovychook has been lovingly constructing! :dance:

We wanted to get it partially finished so that the girls could be housed in there whilst we went away for the weekend, so covered the roof with weldmesh and a big tarp.

Now that we've come to the stage where we want to put the permanent roof on, I just wondered if it's necessary to keep the weldmesh on as well as the corrugated plastic? Do you think it would be fully fox proof without it? :think:

... I think it would be less hassle for Mr. GC to have it without!

I havent bothered with both but to be honest we have never seen a fox.

:clap::clap: Good work Mr Mostin. Excellent work.

Whats next :think::D

We have space in the same place, behind the kids playhouse, to build another one of these.

We need to save up for the wood to make it though.

So nothing now until we can afford some more wood, or until i rip down the playhouse?!?!?!??!? Might be enough in there

Or maybe..........take the walls off the playhouse and chicken wire it? that would make another house wouldn't it?

I can still get you pallet wood if that would be any help?

thanks but no, i need 2 metre lumps to make the corner joists etc.

But you have made me have a think and come up with this.

i am going to take off the walls and strip out the floor and turn the playhouse into a walk in run

playhouse.jpg

it has a roof and is in the right place so....guess what i am doing this weekend now that i have told Mostin my idea? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

:clap::clap::clap: Well Mr Mostin, honestly, how can you have let that thing stand there for so long??? That should have been a chicken house and run long long ago. :shameonu: Goodness, maybe you had better set to work tonight to make up for lost time.

Does that mean you will need more chickens to fill it? :angel:

i dont know why i havent thought of that before!!

But i cant start tonight i have to collect my sister from the airport.

No it's lovely you can't destroy it just make it into a chicken house (room for another 30 or so :shock: and build a run around it :P:lol::lol:

Thanks for that Plum-now I understand :P . I'll see what I can do. Did you order some run mesh from Omlet or did you use part of the old run after you got your WIR?
)

I used the skirt from under the back. Amazing how much I have made from my Omlet run - a run for my new babies and an isolation run for Motmot and I've still got a couple of pieces left over :lol:

just make it into a chicken house (room for another 30 or so :shock: and build a run around it :P:lol::lol:

lol:

Brilliant! Quite the best plan yet :D

sorry Plum but it is quite rotten inside so it cant be used.

The walls are being ripped off tomorrow if the weather is any good.

Mine has got both and Tony assures me that it is definitely fox proof :P

Thanks for the advice- I've broken the news to Mr. GC! :)

I havent bothered with both but to be honest we have never seen a fox.

Thanks Shaun, but we quite often see foxes in the fields next to us, so we're thinking that we'd better not take the risk... :anxious:

How high up is your superglug shaunw and mostin :?: I want to fix mine somehow but I don't think the mesh is strong enough to support it :think: I 've got a Tony. Any ideas any one :?:

I haven't forgotten your request :shameonu::lol: , I just forgot to take the tape measure out the last 2 nights :oops: sorry.

I WILL do it today !!!! :wall::wall::wall:

Yes miss loud and clear,

I wouldn't hang it from the wire that is why I put the run wire onto bits of wood and then screwed them into the uprights (the uprights of the run panels are you understanding me Judy? :lol: ) but if you know the exact height you want it you can do it exactly where you want it. Have you measured the chickens with neck outstretched :wink:

Mine isn't on a freestanding frame it is solid. :D

I thought you put a picture of yours on here when you posted this or did I imagine it Plum :doh:

But you have made me have a think and come up with this.

i am going to take off the walls and strip out the floor and turn the playhouse into a walk in run

playhouse.jpg

it has a roof and is in the right place so....guess what i am doing this weekend now that i have told Mostin my idea? :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

OK the NEW WIR (No.4) is now finished. I have converted the old playhouse in our garden in to a chicken house (happy now plum?)

So its gone from this

1280675556_resized.jpg

to this

1280675545_resized.jpg

1280675554_resized.jpg

and as we dont have a spare house at the moment we have improvised with a large plastic cistern tank on its side with some curtains, of course!

1280675541_resized.jpg

and easily accessible from the outside for cleaning.

1280675547_resized.jpg

and of course i had plenty of help, they seem to like my pile of firewood!!

1280675539_resized.jpg

And yes i am supposed to be the one NOT INTERESTED in the chickens :doh::doh::doh::doh:

How high up is your superglug shaunw and mostin :?: I want to fix mine somehow but I don't think the mesh is strong enough to support it :think: I 've got a Tony. Any ideas any one :?:

Sorry for delay :oops: , the distance from the floor to the bottom of the super glug in Bills run is 46 cm. It could even go a bit higher for him as well, as he still has to turn his head a bit as he is so tall :roll::lol: .

Poor old Mr Mostin has been slaving away all day as I've been flat on the sofa with a migraine.

You guys saw the new run before I did :lol::lol::lol: . I've just toddled out to see it now and I'm thrilled :dance::dance::dance: .

I think the 1st visitor in their may be Willow, the naughty orpington, as her bumper bit has just fallen off. Rods neck feathers have only just begun to grow back after her last attack on him, and she has started on him again straight away :(:( .

A spell in solitary, and then reintroduced to be at the bottom of the pack, may help sort things out a bit I hope.

Oh yes you've done us proud. 8):lol::lol: Kept the gingerbread look and the curtains, have you trained them to pull them? :lol:

So who lives in a house like this? :eh:

I think the simple answer is, Izzy and her baby so Mostin can finally return the (pink eglu) to the very kind benefactor who loaned it to her.