eggalp

Frontline question

Today the Frontline has arrived :D Its the one for cats and i thought i had read on here that most people just put one drop on the back of the neck right onto the skin where the hen can't get to. I notice on the box it says one drop on the neck and one further along the body - i know these instructions are for cats so i just wanted to check that i should just do the one drop on the back of the neck?

thanks for any help.

I didn't feel comfortable using a product without veterinary advice so when I needed an insecticide (one of my hens had very mild scaly leg) I took her to the vets. Was prescribed Xeno 200 which seems to be suitable for all internal & external parasites. Although this product is not explicitly for poultry and therefore "is not licensed for use in poultry" i the vet clearly thought it was the best product for the job & we were able to accurately work out the correct dose for the hen.

Although this approach was more expensive than buying products on line but in doing so I was assured that the product I was using was appropriate and safe.

Sorry if this is long winded.