buffie

Kate, Jenny, Annie, Gallina etc, tell us all about the cube!

Oh kate I can't wait to hear about your cube so I've started this and will keep a check for your posting. Bet i'm not the only one either :D

Jenny if you don't tell we'll tickle you until you have to

BBxx :D

Edited by Guest

Funny girls! I hope they come out soon.

Jenny, I am so :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: The cube looks fantastic and I really want one now. :D

About the handle, if you manage to cut a gap in the wire fence, it will mean you won't have to go into the run to open or shut the door. Especially in the morning, this could be an advantage.

I think that Johannes wants to put the cubes together so that (1) they are perfect and (2) he can see if there are any glitches. I don't think that they have had time to train anyone else to do it yet. And the instruction leaflet is still being prepared.

I didn't mind getting the wrong feeders, because I will be sent the proper set later and thus have a free Glug & Grub in purple.

By the way, I asked about a longer run cover, and there are new, better covers being designed at the moment. I hope they won't fade like the present ones.

I know what it's like being last on the delivery list: they did Oxford on the way home when I had my original Eglu delivered. I took the day off work, but nothing happened and the Eglu finally arrived at about 6pm.

I'd rather have a good designer and a poor administrator than the other way round: but I think that they do need to be a bit more realistic about timings!

:D:D:D:D:D

Y'know.....I quite fancy Johannes....... :oops:

We know! Actually so does he. In fact it got quite boring when he put the cube up, because it was "Chookiehen said this, Chookiehen posted that, blah chookiehen, blah blah chookiehen." Not one mention of OH and his amazing posts. I even grew my hair in an Omlet "big hair" style just for him and he didn't even take a second look! :roll: Men! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: That's made me giggle....

Dan, I have to say I also can understand your frustration but I have never known a company like Omlet. They've really put the customer first and ok mistakes have been made but they listen and respond accordingly. It will be worth the wait and in the scheme of life it's minor isn't it :wink:

How may companys throw a bash for their customers and arrange to meet them on other occasions, accept personal emails 8)

You'll soon be having a beer with the girls in the garden and stroking that fantabulous cube :wink::D

Hurrah can't wait for it and pics are fab Annie :D8):clap:

BBx

Annie: did you get the hens to climb in eventually?

I was doing much the same as you: leaning through from the back and tapping the ladder, holding out bowls of sweetcorn etc, but to no effect. I was expecting to have to lift my fat Cochin to bed (she would need a Stannah stairlift to get her up) but I was surprised that neither of the other two attempted it, as they are quite energetic. They were all going around in circles at ground level moaning, "Where's my bed?" and were obviously getting quite worried, so I relented and went on my belly through the door. (Once you are in the run, it is spacious -- but that tiny door....)

I mentioned to Johannes that the ladder might need an extension! It's quite a long jump off the ground for hens who aren't used to flying upwards.

They got down easily this morning however: they didn't use the rungs but just jumped, even the Cochin. Perhaps they will get the hang of it tonight. The Cochin is going back in the old Eglu with the two new girls when things have settled.

Shona, I can't stop smiling. :D:D:D

AND (off topic here) Johannes was very envious of my yellow Eglu... said he wanted one and wished they hadn't stopped making it. AND they only stopped making it with the launch of the Rablu and the orange Eglu, as they thought orange would be great with rabbits (which it is: think carrots: It has a subliminal link).

SO: Finally the real reason for why the yellow was discontinued is known. :D And its nothing to do with flies! :lol::lol::lol:

AND (Off topic even more): I have nagged him for a piglu next.... he pretended it was a great idea :lol::lol::lol: Poor chap!

I think we'll measure Em's ladder this weekend and then make the ramp, there's no way our huge ladies will navigate their way up to bed. We're both beside ourselves now.

I sat there yesterday and thought 'I feel like this about a hen house':? :roll: It's a liifestyle thing I think. The relaxation and pure pleasure that these Eglu's and hens have brought. I'm going on :roll: but it really is a pleasure to be involved in this forum and love hens as pets :D

Gallina I'll be interested to hear how your Cochin gets on :D

Purple is lovely, still happy to have green :D

BBx

No Gallina, we only put them in for the photos... they might get to go in this weekend, just until the rescue girls are fit enough to manage the ladder. I am sure it will not take long for mine to cotton on. I just don't think they're used to looking up! :lol::lol:

I love my yellow eglu and was really sad they do not make a yellow cube but I think the purple cube will go well with it. Although I am really impatient about delivery I am resigned to having to wait because at least they are doing the best they can. The companies I hate are the ones that don't bother about their customers and never put themselves out. The other day my postman left me a card telling me to collect a parcel from the post office. When I went down it had not got back and I was told to go back at 12.45. I got there at 12.40 to find they closed at 12.30 :evil: Yesterday Omlet delivered double of my order - when I rang to tell them they said to hold onto it until I get my cube or if I want to go ahead and use the food to do so as it was their mistake. Not many companies would say that.

Back to the cube - every picture and post just makes me want it more! I just wish I had ordered one earlier :cry:

End of rant - meant to say that my latest girl - the Sussex is still being bullied a little and does not go into the cube at night until I put her in there. She was still in the big run at dusk but I could not find her anywhere until I looked up and she was perched 8ft up in a tree fast asleep! :lol: She had obviously jumped on to the eglu run and then it was a short hop onto the tree. She was quite happy to be lifted down and popped into the eglu. I don't think my girls will have any trouble with the ladder :roll: They all love strutting about on the run.

[The whole administration of the Mark 3 has been a shambles and the bottom line is that Kate should have had her cube before anyone as thanks for all of the hard work she has done for Omlet over the last two years (IMHO).

Have just re-read this post and whilst it may look like it - I really am not bitter. Just disappointed and Omlet now occupy a space between Norwich Union, Capital One, Carphone Warehouse and the "Virgin brand" for me.

Sorry you feel so bad about things Daniel. I agree Kate should have been up there in the lead with her Cube.

It is frustrating that there have been so many delays and problems with production, delivery and organisation but I cant say there is any comparison with Carphone Warehouse!

With Omlet you always speak to a member of the team who you can feel is smiling, happy to help and enthusiastic about their products when you are on the phone. They do their best to help. I think they underestimated the demand and the production problems but hopefully they will get it right soon. :D

Carphone Warehouse/TalkTalk you're lucky if you manage to speak to anyone and then they are in either India or South Africa. When its a broadband problem they say there's no signal to your home because Norton antivirus is incompatable with their security even though they dont have any - they dont even encript emails..... and all the time they keep you hanging on the line they are charging you 10p per minute for the privelidge even if you have fully inclusive call packages. Now that is unfair :shock:

There I've had my rant too :lol:

Hurrah!! Went out to put girls into the cube ( prev. night I had lifted them in - easier for me as I don't have the run ) to find they'd all put themselves to bed! They do seem to like all cramming into the egg laying area & Stuart was in the roosting area all by herself while the 5 newbies snuggled up in the laying area - but Hey ! They'd done it by themselves! This morning I opened the sliding door and they all came out - OK , slowly & not exocet fashion like I'm used to , but they still did it themselves ! Also, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to have access to all 4 sides but only 3 & compromise by cutting a small hole in the chain fence to enable me to close/open the door. Sounds like a large job but it will be merely snipping 3 strands of wire ! I think this will be worth it as I don't have much room to manoeuvre as my pen ( hence no run) is only 6 ft wide , but 36 ft long. It will have the added advantage of not having to enter the pen to open/close the sliding door - I can just operate it from the outside.

Dan :( , here's a big (((((hug))))) for you and Debs because I feel really bad for you having to wait so long for your Cube. Hopefully it will arrive very soon and you'll be absolutely delighted with it.

The whole administration of the Mark 3 has been a shambles and the bottom line is that Kate should have had her cube before anyone as thanks for all of the hard work she has done for Omlet over the last two years (IMHO).

I think Omlet have been overwhelmed by the flood of orders coming in for the Cube and I know that they wanted to get everything exactly right before allowing them to be sent out as they hate to disappoint their customers. I've not come across a company with such terrific after sales service as they offer and they do their utmost to put anything wrong right again so I can understand the delay from launch to delivery. I don't know why your delivery date is so much later than people who ordered after you. It may be down to someone just forgetting to process it in the chaos as they've been seriously short staffed and poor old Jan's been rushed off her feet, bless her.

As for me and my delivery, I was second and that's absolutely fine by me as it's logical to do them in order of distance from Omlet HQ. Having Johannes come to set it up for me even though I didn't order chickens was reward enough for working on the forum as it meant I didn't need to wait for LSH to come home and say he would build it at the weekend :lol: .

Ah well a new day a new rant. Only joking :wink:

Loved the pics of the cube Annie, especially the one with you and the donk

Can't wait till we get ours now, even though we are last in the whole world :wink:

Really panicking as to space as we will have the Mark2 and we are also chicken sitting in a few weeks so that will be another Mark 2 in the garden and the Cube, we may have to rent out next doors garden for a fortnight, I'm sure our neighbours will oblige.

I just have to say one small thing, we didn't turn down an earlier delivery date, it was only mentioned and I think if I had pounced and said I want it on that date I think someone else would have had an upsetting phone call :( how unselfish am I :wink:

Dan has gone off to work with a smile as usual :roll: he has to go to somewhere near Milton Keynes today, so that cheered him up no end.

Can't wait to see the Cube in 'real-life, so to speak

Love reading about the new cube, even though I am not going to have one.....yet.

I think if I did have one I would put something underneath the ladder (a couple of paving slabs?) for the chooks to hop onto to help them on their way. They can be taken away when they get the hang of it.

OH said last night 'You need one of those cube things' he did not realise what he was letting himself in for...I had him looking at these pics first thing this morning.

But we just don't have the money at the moment so I will have to be patient. But I think I would like Johannes to deliver it.....

If there is anyone on here getting a cube today - can you ask about the ladder please

I think I misunderstood about your dates too Deb and wondered why Dan sounded upset - in your previous post you said you could have had the 17th but opted for the 24th as it was half-term. and said hoorah, as if that date suited you better. I hope everything goes to plan for you.

I don't even want to phone as I couldn't handle being told I'll get it in August or something :roll: .