buffie

Kate, Jenny, Annie, Gallina etc, tell us all about the cube!

Y'know.....I quite fancy Johannes....... :oops:

you know Ive never met the guy but his ....ness appeals to me

Eh?......His what, Bronze?

hard to describe

I'm sure chookiehen would know what I mean :lol:

He has a certain 'quality' - in fact he shares it with the sublime Mr Seaman - it is total and utter PHWOARness......

Oh...er ....right. :roll:

Mr Seaman doesn't do it for me but I'm sure Johannes is divine.

Oh, my goodness :shock: I've been off the forum since Tuesday, and just look at this thread............ I've just trawled through 18 pages of it :roll:

The cubes look just fabulous don't they, I am so :mrgreen::mrgreen: of you all. It's great to hear that you're all pleased with them and that the hens are settling into their new des res's (ladders and all) now :D

I want one *stamps feet*

I am getting to love my cube more every minute.

The hens now look as though they are in a light and spacious aviary rather than in a cage. I had two hens that were much too big for the Eglu run (I told my son not to get me large breeds for Mother's Day last year, but being a man he got me two large breeds, and I love them).

After initial suspicion, they adore the Cube now. I opened the run so that they could come out on the grass this morning, and they didn't want to come out! Now that they have worked out what the ladder is for, they are constantly jumping up and down it.

The new run really looks attractive with the light shining through it. My Eglu run was a bit like a gloomy tunnel, because I kept it under cover.

I have started a separate, no-nonsense topic (i.e. no Crocs and no Johannes Appreciation Society) for practical questions about the Cube, which I (and probably other people) will be very pleased to answer. It's headed "Width needed for Cube" because that is what is worrying people the most, but other questions (e.g. about the wheels and the door lever) are already being answered there.

Johannes was really nice, however. But I have never seen a Croc.

Gallina - the cube just sounds so good. It sounds as if it is everything I hoped for and I can't wait to get mine. I always felt the eglu and run, nice as they are, are a bit on the small side. I love the idea of the hens having plenty of space when they aren't freeranging. Mine love hopping up into the lower branches of trees etc so the cube will give them plenty of opportunity of exploring. Thanks for all the info.

Meant to mention a couple of things that johannes said on Wed when he was building my cube : those of you that heard the DJ Chris Evans on his drivetime radio show a few weeks ago will know that he has chickens of his own & was praising Omlet / Eglus - he's getting his own cube in a few weeks time so has obviously become a convert ! Also Johannes is flying out to America & travelling all over the States next week to sort out manufacturers , distributors etc . to bring Omlet / Eglus to the USA ! Omlet will take over the World! :wink:

Well, I went to the Mothership on Friday afternoon to collect some stuff, and the boys (well, only Johannes and Simon were there) were worked off their feet - in fact Simon was working up a rather attractive sweat in the warehouse... Mmmm.

Hans was well amused at the attention he has been getting, but they are concentrating on getting to orders out as soon as they possibly can.

Penny has been replaced by the lovely Susan, who is doing splendidly, trying to learn the system while manning the constantly ringing phones, along with 'Our Jan' 8) I think that they all deserve a big round of applause for all their hard work. Johannes even insisted on taking time out to show us the cube set-up and chat about design issues with Phil.

We love you all <> (oh, and Simon - don't shave - I like the stubble :wink: )

after wishing and wanting (and me using every female trick in the book), Andy ordered our cube on friday!! I have to wait til mid June though... :( . Its just a shame that we live too fasr away to have Johannes bring it for us! when I bought my first eglu 3 years ago, in Omlets very early days, he delivered and set that up for us, 3 eglus down the line, it would be nice to see him again!

:lol::lol:

Just called Omlet and I'm now confused - was told that all the cubes that are going out on omlet vans to be assembled are being done first and the couriered ones being done second. I hardly think thats fair - someone could have ordered after me, but are getting omlet delivery, so get it before me - when they could just send mine out in the post. Apparently I'm on the system for an urgent phone call :evil: .