perfectcupcake

Water Containers and a question about the 'glug'???

Hi

I'm a newbie on the the forum and to chicken keeping. We've had our 3girls for a fortnight and are struggling to find a suitable recepticle for their water to go in. We've tried a traditional chicken drinker ( plastic) - which broke very quickly, then several crock bowls that the chickens knock over within minutes of me filling them, grr! We havent really got the space to hang a drinkerwithout them knocking into it.

I love the look of the glug in the shop here but I havent got an eglu, just a tradional coop / run, with a 1cm wire mesh. Does anyone know if the glug will fit this, or have any other suggestions???

Cheers

Hi,

Omlet also make a freestanding holder to put both grub and glug onto, check out the shop.

I have one which I use in the WIR, great idea.

Not to expensive, less than £20 if I remember rightly, and welcome to the wonderful world of Chickens.

Dont forget we need to see photos of the girls and your set up :lol::lol:

Hi and welcome to the forum :D

You can make a stand for the glug fairly easily. I think a few people on here have done that, maybe one of them will be able to post a picture to show you, orrrr, like me, you can snip the wire between the two holes making a 2 inch gap and the glug fits nicely there. I have a super glug hung on the wire like this and it works fine.

and we need to see pictures of your girls, please? :lol:

I now use the Omlet freestanding holder too and find it excellent. Before that I put some normal cup hooks into the bit that sitcks out at the back of the Glug. It worked just fine. However it did not work for the Grub as the resulting tilt meant that my chooks had difficulty getting their heads into it.

Ive got the ikea rails on my WIR and also an omlet freestanding rail to give them more variety. They are both good ways to hang the glugs,. the only thing i find with the omlet one is that the girls tend to jump over it so the water tends to get muckier quickly but to be honest they always seem to drink from that one first lol x

Hi, I have a glug but want something that keeps water clean, have just ordered two of these, Drinkit universal nipple cap, from ebay planning on using them on 2lt bottles attached with cable ties, if nothing else it'll be interesting to see what the chickens think of them :eh:

i have kroken rails ,they are only a couple of quid and the are fantastic .

before i got them i used a old washing airer the type you hang on the raidiator

you can see the airier on the bottom of this pic :)

Good idea about the washing airer.

I love your WIR with all its chicken toys. Lucky girls. :clap: