bouldercroft

where are all the yanks?

Hello, I am a yank living in the thumb area of Michigan. Have now had chickens for 1 week and two days and loving it. My friends and daughter think I have gone over the edge. Read about chickens daily and sit with a cup of coffee every morning watching them and then a cup of tea after lunch and watch them some more. I have the eglu go and called this morning to get an extension for my run but told that we in the states will not be albe to get that until Oct. I have two Marans (ones with a green sheen to their feathers) and one isa brown, which is actually for my neighbors grandchildren. Glad to learn that I really am not crazzy!!

No you are not crazy :) We are the normal ones... I have had mine for 2 months and loads of eggs so I am very pleased .I just wonder how it managed to take me so long ,I have wanted them for 20 odd years. :lol:

I love my 3 to bits and talk to them all the time.I asked my neighbour if they made to much noise and she said "No but you do when talking to them :lol: "

It's nice to know that I am normal, I had no idea that so many people loved keeping chickens. I have a collection of little china ones and always thought that that was the only type of chicken I would have. My town only allows two per household and no roos. They also can not run loose in the yard. I am looking forward to the first egg.