I shall expect this topic to have so many pictures by tonight that it will be renamed "YouCube".

It must be a mixed blessing being the very very first. But at least you are getting the set-up put together for you. That will takes away most of the stress: you won't be wondering which way up all the bits go.

If the rain holds off I am sure it will all be great fun! (And if it doesn't, it will be wet fun.)

At last !! The sun has kept shining too - it couldn't be better! Johannes has set it all up & is now on his way to Kate. It is an excellent piece of design : the only problem I'm going to have is closing the sliding door - the lever at the side pulls out to about 10 ins so , as my run isn't very wide, I may have to cut a small hole in my run fencing so I can accomodate the lever , but still have the cube hard up against the left fence - you definately need access to both sides , as well as back & front - unless you cut a hole in your fence! I've measured the ladder & it is 10 ins off the ground. Also the lever for the wheels is on the outside - I'm going to try & post some photos to show it but it may have to wait until tonight when my more technically minded husband is back! The rest of the cube is identical to the Eglu - double skinned walls etc. but with some excellent modifications : the roosting bars are just one square shaped piece, the poo trays are split into 2 & slide out exactely the same as the old eglu ones but with the added benefit of being higher up . I suspect it's all going to be a lot easier to keep clean. The new feeders & drinkers aren't out till next week at least ( the cubes didn't arrive from the factory until 11pm last night!) so it's the glug & grub until they come. The catches for the sliding roof & back panel are very user friendly , in fact the whole thing is very user friendly & like a large piece of meccanno! The funniest thing is that when we let the 5 new chooks out , they all went & crammed into the eglu, much to the shock of my one remaining hen !! All in all it went brilliantly!

r

:clap:Congratulations:clap:

Cant wait for the pictures. I would have thought that there would be some way of folding the door handle down so it's not left sticking out like a spare coat hanger :shock:

Perhaps that's a small design flaw identified :roll:

Hi , I think I've managed to put 5 pics in the photo gallery , but I'm not sure !!?? This is the first time I've got photos from my camera onto the computer , never mind the Omlet gallery so I'm on a steep / vertical learning curve! I think they are under the first section "Chicken Gallery" , listed as "Eglu Cube" - I'd be very grateful if anyone out there could put them where ever they are meant to be ??? The handle doesn't bend at all - it comes out about 10 ins , turns & clicks ( there's a spring that you can sort of feel) then slides back in again so it all stays recessed - it's just the pulling out bit that will cause me problems - I really think I will have to cut a small hole in the chain fence of the run to accomodate it. My husband isn't "chicken minded" at all ,and as I spent the money that was going to be used to decorate the living room on a cube , may divorce me if I ask him to re-do the run !

If you look at the cube in front of you, the eggport is on the right hand side , same as the eglu ,and the door lever is on the left hand side so you definately need access to both sides - which is a problem for me as I currently have my Eglu hard up against the chain fence on it's left hand side to maximise the space in the run .

It's hilarious - I've kept the eglu in the run for my original hen ( Stuart) who is strutting about territorially, but all 5 of the new hens ( un-named yet until I see what they are like) are crammed inside the eglu , sitting on top of each other !! They do not seem impressed with the cube - maybe the original eglu is a more welcoming shape ????

Oh how exciting! It looks fantastic! I am so excited about tomorrow... I can't believe OH will be at home to take delivery and not me! :evil: I am expecting him to take photo's every minute and download them on here, so I can keep track!

Do you think my class will mind?? :lol::lol:

Kate will be playing with the cube and we're all chewing our hands to pieces. Wanted to tell all my clients about it it but not really appropriate :roll::oops::lol:

Can you do a lesson on it Annie :D

BBx

Edited by Guest

It looks enormous! Even though I have always thought that the Cube was going to need a considerable amount of extra width, I am still not sure I have allowed enough.

I hope it doesn't rain tonight, as I already think I am going to have to dig some more plants up to widen the space for my Cube.

I have just found out that my Cube is coming at 8am tomorrow (or later if they set out later). I will try to leave a message when they leave Oxford so the next nearest person has a realistic ETA!

It looks HUGE. Am now really quite worried it won't fit in, but also secretly planning MORE chickens. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to dig up a bit of my new (EXPENSIVE) lawn. But I laid it out according to the measurements on the website, so I think I'll have enough space. Here's a question, does anyone know if the handle will come out further than the skirt of the run? If so, I will have to dig out a bit, as I've planned to have mine flush against my fence (which I can't cut a hole in :lol: )

oooooooohhh! Shiny kit syndrome! That is fab! I am so envious of you all :mrgreen:

My only thought is this - when I let my girls out of their eglu at silly o'clock in the morning (or that's what it feels like!) they cannot get out of the eglu quick enough and push and shove each other, so if they tried to do that in the cube wouldn't they end up tumbling down the ladder?

IT'S HERE!!!!!

IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!

Right, photos!

The door opening handle in the position you'll have it in when the door is either locked open or closed

Cube1.jpg

The handle pulled out for opening and closing

Cube2.jpg

The wheels and mechanism. This handle doesn't stick out at all. It's operated by moving it with your foot so no worries if you have a run attached as it's operatable without going inside the run!

Cube3.jpg

The side so you can see how the wheels sit underneath

Cube4.jpg

The eggport is on the right hand side looking face on and works in the same way as the Eglu

Cube5.jpg

Inside

Cube6.jpg

The end panel at the back lifts off using two nice little slidey bolts for cleaning and the roof slides back or can be lifted off so no need to lift the heavy shell off anymore.

Inside is one large set of roosting bars all fixed together.

It's fab! Just wish I didn't have to wait till June to get some new hens to put in it!! Aaargh!!

Kate,its fab I am so happy for you.

And you got lovely Johannes to set it up for you - lucky girl!

I assume you didn't get the run & are putting it in your pen?

If so,did you get the new feeder & drinker with it & what are they like?

Gorgeous colour too. :P:P:P